Chapter 55: Impersonation

"I'll explain everything to you." Olivia said, taking Jennifer's hand as they walked out of the private passage with her manager, heading straight for Empire City University.

Jennifer was well prepared, but she was still recognized by sharp-eyed fans upon entering the campus. News spread quickly, and by the time Olivia and Jennifer reached the auditorium, they were surrounded by a dense crowd of students.

Today was the day Stella Pearson was scheduled to give a speech as the valedictorian. She had done exquisite makeup in advance and was checking her speech one last time in the backstage. A recent scandal on the Internet had left her in a tough spot, but she had found a way to turn things around.

Yesterday, someone claiming to have stolen her phone apologized online and admitted to mimicking Stella's voice to send messages to the class group chat. Meanwhile, a hospital had also provided diagnosis that the red marks on her collarbone were caused by pollen allergies.

Although many people remained skeptical of this explanation, Stella still had a group of blind followers who defended her online, swaying some opinions in her favor.

Backstage, Stella recited the speech ghostwritten by Olivia once more, then turned to a student union member and asked, "Why is it so noisy out there?"

"I heard that Jennifer Stewart just arrived!" the person replied with admiration.

"Stella, I heard that the jewelry Jennifer is wearing today was designed by you? That's amazing! People online are saying the style is very similar to Livia's! Is Jennifer here just for you?"

Hearing this, Stella smiled slightly. She hadn't expected Jennifer to show up today. Although Jennifer was Olivia's close friend and was also kind to her, as a major star, Jennifer usually had a packed schedule.

However, thinking about the set of jewelry Jennifer was wearing today, Stella's eyes were filled with confidence. Jennifer must have come for her because even though the jewelry was designed by Olivia, it bore her Stella's signature!

Feeling that the gloom from the past few days had completely lifted, Stella elegantly smiled and said, "Yes, she just flew into Empire City today and came right over. I had told her to rest, but she insisted on coming to support me."

On stage, the host announced loudly, "Today, we are greatly honored to welcome the arrival of the actress Jennifer Stewart. I heard that she came for one of our students..."

As soon as the words were spoken, all eyes turned to Jennifer, who was seated among the guests. Jennifer stood up, smiling gracefully, and said, "Thank you all. I am indeed here today for my designer."

Her words immediately sparked whispers in the audience --

"So Jennifer really did come for Stella! This morning, I saw online that Jennifer's jewelry style was very similar to Livia's, and I was wondering which designer it was!"

"Of course it's for Stella! Have you forgotten that all her previous works were masterpieces?"

"Wow, I'm so envious. She's beautiful, has a good family background, and is talented! Maybe the recent online scandal was really a setup against her!"

"She is indeed beautiful and talented, but I heard their family's wealth came from her cousin's company?"

"Who knows? We're not locals here. But no matter what, with Jennifer's influence in the entertainment industry, Stella's future jewelry designs are bound to be a hit!"

As everyone continued to discuss, the curtain in the backstage was lifted, and Stella stepped out. She was brimming with energy and confidence, smiling as she glanced at Jennifer in the audience and nodded gracefully. Jennifer returned the smile, but there was a deeper meaning behind hers.