4 - Something Else

Y/N: Switch these XLR cables. 

Yasuo: That's it? That's all you got? What about getting the software loaded? 

Y/N: You use your own software that's built with JavaScript on the backend. It's so clunky it should be borderline unusable, but it's easy on the CPU, which lets you put more resources into the sound quality. Not a bad setup I mean... I'm no DJ... but I know what goes on in all these backends... 

Yasuo: Where did you say you used to work? 

Y/N: Oh, for the military then the government. Read my resume, I got some experience from the university too.

Yasuo: You ever meet my brother? 

Yes.

Y/N: No, I don't think I have, doesn't ring a bell. This... should also... about do it. 

Yasuo: Alright, welp, start a beat. 

I open up his cracked ass, custom DJ software and play with some of the console. He doesn't touch his console, but I need to use it so I can understand what's going on. I'm able to upload a short beat sample of one of Seraphine's songs. 

This software is barebones, but it's perfect. It gets all the jobs done, ticks all the boxes, and doesn't bother with any of the fluff. I recognize things like the equalizer, the tempo, and the pitch. I was also able to map out the whole track, and even configure different parts of the sample. 

Yasuo: Hey bud, you passed as soon as you plugged the first XLR cable in. I was just pushing to see if you've got more in ya.

Y/N: Oh... then... 

I shut it all down, taking off the headset. 

Yasuo: So, how about it, you want to be a stage technician for the baddest that do whatever... the baddest do? 

Y/N: Sure. 

I hold out my hand and we shake it out, then the next thing I do is get integrated. I get handed a packet by Gwen on what I should wear, how I should act, all the jobs I'd be doing, and finally, I get some star treatment. I meet Evelynn on my way out. 

Evelynn: And who is this? 

Y/N: Hi.

Gwen: This is Jeffrey Mori, your new stage-

Evelynn: Sure, whatever... Walk with me, doll. 

Alright, fuck me I guess... Evelynn and Gwen both strut by me and Yasuo, just standing there with our hands in our pockets. I mean Evelynn is really, really attractive holy shit. Her skin looked so smooth, like she looked like a sentient doll. 

Yasuo: I don't know what you expected... Well hey, go home, study the stuff, come back tomorrow, and help us pack up for the sea trip. We're heading back to Piltover, where we mainly operate out of, uhhhh... you got a passport?

Y/N: Yep.

Yasuo: You're just... on the ball, alright, go home. 

I head back to my truck, hopping in and starting it up. I see another popstar strut by the front of the truck, it's Akali. She's got her Oni mask up, but she's hitting me with some brown eyes. I stick up my two fingers from the wheel to wave, but all she gives me is... nothing, she looks away and keeps walking. 

I can already tell I'm going to love it here... 

TIMESKIP! 

So, this is it, the big day. I'm going to be hopping on a flight to go to Piltover, and I'm taking a ride out to the airport that initially dropped me off. Got my bags packed, I'm moving out, my issue is I'm gonna need to find a place.