6 - Back to Work

Yasuo: HEY!!! You made it, early, we like that!

Y/N: Yeah, what's the assignment?

Yasuo: Well, I'm just the DJ but uhh... try and fix some of the sound system up there. It's not coming out of the speakers right, maybe you can look at it. OH! Here!

He tosses me a hard hat from one of the tables. Inside the hard hat we have some safety glasses, utility gloves, a utility belt as well, with little wiring tools and a wrench, all kinds of shit. It had a lot of weight when I caught it, but it's all calculated.

Yasuo: So, what do you think?

Y/N: Hmmm?

Yasuo: Of the city?

Y/N: Oh, oh, it's fine.

Yasuo: Just fine? What all did you do?

Y/N: Hmmmm... you really want to know?

Yasuo: Fair enough.

As we were talking, I put on my utility belt. I put the gloves on after I pried my jacket off, then finally, the hard had and the goggles.

Y/N: Why do we need the safety gear?

*METAL PIPE SOUNDS FOLLOWED BY SCREAMING!*

I look up and see someone who wasn't wearing safety gear just get fucking side swiped by a metal pipe after he loosened the wrong bolt. If he was wearing that helmet, it would still hurt, but at least his head might not have a dent in it.

Yasuo: Look up there, that's why.

I shake my head as I pick up my jacket and take it with my lunch. Yasuo follows behind me to a side room inside this Piltover warehouse. I throw some of my shit inside a locker and lock it with a lock that was inside the belt pouch. I adjust some of my shirt, so it fits me better before walking out.

Together we go to the bootleg DJ setup we got set up on two tables, and then the gargantuan speakers sitting behind them. I guess I could see what's wrong. I unplug all the XLR and power cables so when I'm fucking with the speakers, there's no interference.

Time to get started!

WORK TIMESKIP!

Halfway through my shift, Cass comes by, waving at me awkwardly.

Cass: Hey Jeff!

I really dislike these people like... as soon as I met them. I just nod back and then take out my wrench. Cass is so innocent; it's going to get himself killed, but I know he ain't a virgin to crime if he's working this job. And yes, this speaker is held together with bolts because it's so big.

Cass: I just finished Seraphine's guitar tuning and decided I'd come over here and see what's going on! I mean, I was gonna work on some of the pyro stuff, but you need any help?

I grunt, pulling the panel off the speaker, then digging my hands into the wiring. It looks like a rat's been through here or some shit, since this ground wire looks so chewed up and spliced poorly. Oh, right, Cass.

I shake my head...

Cass: Well hey, I'll be around if you need it or something, I know this can get intimidating but it's easy.... I've been a techie for True Damage a couple years now and it isn't that bad. Just watch out around Akali...

Trust me Cass, I have learned firsthand to watch out around Akali. She might suck me inside out; I need to be careful. No, no, that's in such poor taste, I'm sorry Akali.

He walks away and leaves me in a state of peace until I hear some nice remarks by Lance and Dak as they're walking by.

Lance: Look, the retard's hard at work.