12 - Disloyalty

Evelynn didn't go home, she stayed with her best-guy-friend, me.

She repaired herself and Kai'Sa, that see-saw of emotions finally balanced out and collapsed, they're fine.

She's horribly distressed, and depressed...

However, as she's further revealing more old memories or trying her best to replace them with new ones, it's becoming more and more obvious that... Eve is fucked up.

Just in case someone is a hacker wiz or has her on a shitty phone plan, I'm working on getting Evelynn another SIM card, one that can only be tracked by me, because I'm the one getting it. You'll only be able to track it using apps, pings, or if you somehow managed to get malware on a brand-new phone. She trusts me, and she won't have to worry about a creep anymore.

I bought it with my own money too, so she better appreciate it. She wanted the same phone and holy fuck; an iPhone 12 is FUCKING EXPENSIVE! I asked her politely not to go anywhere, so I'm bringing it back to her.

So, Y/N, how's work? Well, I'm glad you asked! I don't have work for a while. Turns out finding bloodstains on the ground and Cass in the hospital with his lips sealed on the matter, isn't so good in the township's eyes. At least Cass is going to be okay...

Yasuo sent all the techies home with a paycheck and sent us all a text saying that we might be back, or we might not be, and to announce the passing of Brody, Dak, and Lance. Nobody really had anything to say, and some people seemed relieved. So, that's the respect you get when you're an asshole, remember that.

I come up my elevator and open my door, and thankfully, she hasn't gone anywhere. She was sleeping in my bed, just snoring slightly. She's got her claws on my night table, all ten of them, and her tails are on the couch, lying across it and unclipped. I keep forgetting they're prosthetic.

I sit on the side of the bed and lightly place my hand on her shoulder. She has her hair let-down, and she looks so gorgeous. I really don't deserve to even be around a woman like this.

Y/N: Ms. Shade...

Eve: Mmmm...

Y/N: I got you a new phone with a new SIM.

Eve: Mmmmm-mmmm...

Y/N: Come on, sleepyhead.

Eve: Fffffffine...

She turns over onto her back, with her eyes shut, then she slowly opens them to meet her gaze with mine, the gold gracing me with its presence yet again. She slides her hands out from under the blanket, wiggling her fingers in a playful grabbing motion, so I hand her the phone.

Y/N: Sync the settings, the contacts, but none of the other files.

Eve: I can't have my photos?

Y/N: No, you don't know what's all on your phone. Besides...

I try my best to rizz her up, even though she was in my bed already. I drag my hand down the side of her head, brushing her hair.

Y/N: We could just take some new ones.

Eve: You're just trying to make me forget about Toby... so you can slide in...

Y/N: Nope. While I do believe he's got some dirt on his hands, I don't really care if you want to think about him or not. I mean, do you love him?

Eve: T-that's not what y-you're supposed to say!

Y/N: Do you love him?

She furrows her brow, then pouts, scoffing and giving me some attitude, turning her head in a bit of a shun.