🧭: 06

Third person
Pov

   “Oh my God, he's insane, he's insane, he's insane.”

Sanghee had been pacing back and forth in her office, very anxious about her earlier meeting with the defendant. The way he had explained everything and how unaffected he looked made her feel sick. But there could be a possibility that it was a reaction of him getting hit by a police car right? Maybe he was just bluffing all he was accused of. Either way she had to look for more clues about what really happened that night, she couldn't just walk into court, unequipped.

“Hey where are you going?” Felix looked away from the computer screen the moment he heard the door click open.

“Over to the station,” Sanghee peeked back into the office, forcing a smile. “I need more leads.”

Obviously, the detective in charge of this case would have more information, about the who's and where's, she might even encounter someone who might be willing to share. Throughout the ride to the city police station, Hyunjin's monotonous voice kept replaying in her head, and each word would form into a blurry image, she could hear whimpers and felt a bit dizzy, like she was trying to recall a part of the past.

But he was only babbling, right?

That was the first time they met, there's no way he had done all those to her. Why did it feel so real? Why did she get so affected?

Sanghee quickly stepped on the breaks, a loud screeching noise blaring in the hot summer air. She had lost concentration and almost ran into a pedestrian. “I'm sorry,” she waved slightly, trying to steady her breathing. She ought to be more careful now, no more distractions.

“It's just where we left it,” the head detective sighed, dropping the same copy of the report Sanghee had on the desk.

“I see,” Sanghee heaved in a deep breath, her gaze fixated on the pile of papers, nearly stacked. “Do you know anyone that might be of help, Mr Bang?”

Bang thought for a while, contemplating if he should divert her towards who he had in mind. “There's a journalist who is obsessed with this case.”

Sanghee sparked with glee, she honestly didn't expect him to give her that information.

“You should meet Han, he works for the Seoul daily.”

★. . . . . . . . .★

“Hi, I'm Sanghee. Seok Sanghee and I'm an attorney on the May thirtieth case, I was hoping to have a chat with you.”

Sanghee walked as quickly as she could, trying to match up the brunette's hasty movements. “Bang Chan referred you to me. Can we talk?”

“Chan? Ow man, can he stop doing that already?” the taller stopped walking, his lips curved into a pout.

Sanghee took a step back, finally getting a better view of her counterpart's features. He looked younger than the detective, had doe eyes and puffed out cheeks. His brows were arched down into a frown and on the bridge of his nose, sat a pair of round glasses.

“I don't want to work with someone,” Han seethed, walking away.

---------------• ° -💝- ° •--------------

What if you could eat one food for the rest of your life without the risk of a health consequences, what food would you eat?

Anyways hi, how are you?

As always Lee (> •-•)> will be taking your votes and comments

Thanks for reading
Cya 💙