🧭: 38

Third person
pov

   Sanghee was alone, scared, confused and lost.

The only things alive that night were the moon, the crippling anxiety she felt and the grumbling monster that lurks in the dark. A snap would echo through the woods each step she took, making the brunette fret that it may alert any crawling being that shadows the leafy canopy. Where did she think she was going? She only hoped that the screeching sounds of cars driving through the silent road might make it to her ears and she could use that alone to get out. Han drives here, right? There was sure to be a road ahead.

It wasn't all that easy, but she didn't want to stop. Only a few hours from now, Han will be up and he'll notice she's gone.

Hyunjin had been driving, observing and marking for days now, his signal died right at the same spot as Han's and he started tracking down with eye witnesses, trails and that familiar tire tracks. But it still felt like he was going around in circles. Where was Han? And why hadn't he returned to the city?

The black haired groaned, the sleep getting the best of him. He would falter in and out of drows, unable to focus on the road. The automobile soon lost its control, swaying to the other side of the road, the loud screeching sound startling the raven haired.

He grabbed the steering wheel tighter, foot pressed on the brakes, stopping the racing car.

Hyunjin scoffed loudly, averting his gaze to the front windscreen. "Sanghee?" He mused at the disquiet figure in front of him, the headlights flashing brightly at her, the brunette using both hands to hide her face, but he could recognize her figure anywhere.

Sanghee watched the taller descend the car, still very dazed. "Sam?" after days on end, an enraptured glee smeared on her face, painting every contour. He was there with her, he would most definitely help with this, to help clear his name.

"Hi Sanghee-ah," Hyunjin grinned, engulfing her smaller frame in a tight hug. So much had changed about her, she had gotten skinnier- refusing to eat whenever she was sad, which was most of the time- her skin was dull, not as radiant as it once was, pale and frail and she smelled like Han, every part of her did. His dumb shampoo, stupid cologne, basically everything, even his usual hint of coffee.

"What took you so long?" Sanghee melted into his embrace, mumbling into the taller's strong chest. Rather than a response, the brunette felt a prickle on her nape, a sudden wave of realization hitting her.

Hyunjin was a lackey.

Her mind was too delusional on getting out of the Crater that it clouded that part of him. Han spoke so poorly of them whenever he would talk about his experiences.

The longer Sanghee tried to wrap her head around the situation, the more hazy she felt, getting weaker each second. His arms were the only force keeping her up, her legs were like wet noodles, numb to any feelings. Was he going to kill her for real this time? She pondered, dazed eyes locked on his emotionless ones. "Please don't make it painful," she murmured her last plea.

Hyunjin smirked, kissing her hair. "Trust me, you won't feel a thing.”

---------------• ° -♥️- ° •----------------

What if you had the power to mute people, who would you mute first?

Anyways hi, how are you?

As always Lee (> •-•)> will be taking your votes and comments

Thanks for reading
Cya💚