🧭: 12

Third person
pov

        “Your client is a psycho. I hope you're ready to meet him for the first time.”

Sanghee forced the biggest smile she could ever conjure up. It had only been a day but she already felt stressed out just thinking about having to hear that over and over again. And to top things up, her mind was clouded with thoughts about how the clock resets, one second she was with Han and the next she was at her own apartment. Apparently the whole city sleeps, it was inevitable, there was a deadline and whenever that line was crossed, everything restarts.

“I really hope I am,” Sanghee pursed her lips, thinking of how to approach the black haired.

★ . . . . . . . . . . ★

   “Hyunjin isn't there, they said he hasn't been arrested yet.”

Sanghee was a panicking mess, pacing back and forth, but all her worrying didn't get to Han. He was still distracted, digging deeper into the profile of the suspect he had in mind.

“Are you even listening to me?” Han flinched when Sanghee slammed her hands on his desk, catching him off guard.

And that made him glare at her. “Don't do that again.”

“Quit being a jerk, you'd know better than I do.”

“He'll get caught today and thrown in again, so tomorrow can be today.”

“What if he's never caught, huh?” Sanghee scoffed, he was so calm and that made her angry. What was the point of her being here? When he's been ignoring her the whole time, only speaking one word at a time.

“Look lady, I know this more than you do,” Han's gaze didn't falter away from the screen and he only seemed to get progressively more annoyed by the attorney's presence. “So why don't you go be annoying somewhere else, huh? How does that sound?” he looked at Sanghee, a feigned grin on his lips.

“Bipolar bitch!” The brunette scoffed, whacking his face with her purse before leaving.

All she wanted was to figure out what the inscription meant, the possibility of Hyunjin actually being the killer were skyrocketing. He did cut numbers on his skin and wanted to do the same to her, what if it was a habit? And he also did that to the victim.

It was slightly dark out, and the chilly evening breeze whisked through the serene road, it was a bit insipid but Sanghee's mind wasn't, she kept wondering if Jisung was right, if they'd arrest Hyunjin and throw him in again. Has it happened before for him to be so sure?

Sanghee stopped in front of a convenience store, watching the news that was displayed on the Tv screen, she could barely hear or read a word being said and that made her trudge inside, bowing at the male behind the counter. Another bell chime followed suit as she walked in, which she assumed would be a customer.

“...And officials are still on to make sure whoever is responsible for these deaths is set behind bars,” the reporter  paused, allowing the man in the crime scene to explain the circumstances.

The brown haired averted her eyes at the writing. Five deaths at Seoul city hospital.

Hyunjin was at Seoul city hospital…

-----------------• ° -💛- ° •-----------------

What if your life was a musical, which songs would be featured on your soundtrack?

Anyways hi, how are you?

As always Lee (> •-•)> will be taking your votes and comments

Thanks for reading
Cya💚