🧭: 15

Third person
Pov

   “Bang Chan referred you to me. Can we talk?”

The journalist quickly took Sanghee away from the crowded parking lot, to somewhere more secluded, he peeked through the window, before dragging the blind down. All the while receiving confused stares from the shorter behind him. Han critically inspected her, searching for any scar that was yet to heal. Sanghee grew even more perplexed when he held the hem of her dress shirt, implying what he was about to do next.

“What is wrong with you?” Sanghee smacked his hands away, rolling her shirt down. “Bitch are you crazy?”

“I'm searching for your scar,” He lifted his vest and shirt, exposing his stomach that had a slightly long line, crimson in colour. “See? I have mine, too.”

Sanghee looked away, shutting her eyes. “Okay, just pull your shirt down!”

“Your boyfriend is really insane, huh? He attacked me like I've offended him somehow. I mean a simple stab would've been better. . .”

“Who?” Sanghee mused, cocking her head to the side, for all she knew she had no boyfriend and this was her first time encountering the brunette in front of her.

“Oh, that's right, you're new,” Han ruffled her hair, conceding another smack from her. “Your memory will take longer to revive,” he looked at her exposed skin, noticing the dark line that her shirt's collar couldn't hide. the taller gently wrapped his hand around Sanghee's hair, tugging her head back.

Sanghee yelped, trying to get him to stop. Her eyes widened when she felt his cold finger trail the line she had woken up to this morning. “From the start he wanted to kill you slowly, you know? But in the middle you could see that he grew soft and ended it quickly.”

Sanghee's mind flashed back, it felt almost real as the blade pressed against her skin and then she remembered how he had drawn faster, making her choke. It was in that dark room, she was tied down. The female's breathing grew rapid the more she remembered. Falling down the stairs, how harshly he had hauled her hair and the sight of the journalist in front of her. Hyunjin did really have a thing for pulling hair, didn't he?

“Aww, would you look at that, he thinks he owns you,” The brunette blinked out of her daze, her attention now on the arm Han was holding. Her arm, and it had Sam's engraved deeply on it. “Don't worry when we all get rebooted again, all these will be gone, we'll forget about yesterday and be trapped in the moment again,” Han kissed her scars, before letting go.

“How do you know all these?” Sanghee prodded, rolling down her sleeves.

“I'm a nosy journalist, I've been to places I shouldn't have and you're just a little girl.”

“I'm not little,” the brunette huffed, crossing her arm.

“Cute,” Han chuckled. “Isn't this your first case? You're inexperienced and only relying on your little books as a guide. And also I should let you know that Choi assigned this case to you because it was simple, you let him take a guilty plea and it's done, because he knows you're not capable of bigger cases. That's why you need me.”

Sanghee heaved in a breath, pursing her lips. It was true, the whole office knew that and she would randomly hear them mumble when she walked past. “I do not need you,” she pressed out.

“Without my help, you'll be caught by lackeys easily and you'll go through everything I've been through, who knows if you'll survive, so admit that you do need me,” The journalist wrapped both hands around her neck, his thumb softly brushing her cheek.

“Why are you acting like this?” Sanghee muttered lowly.

“So you'd know Hyunjin doesn't own you,” Han softly kissed the shorter, pulling away with a coy smile. “I do.”

------------------• ° -💙- ° •-----------------

What if you would talk to only one plant, which would you talk to?

Anyways hi, how are you?

As always Lee (> •-•)> will be taking your votes and comments

Thanks for reading
Cya💛