🧭: 07

Third person
Pov

   “Your client is a psycho. I hope you're ready to meet him for the first time.”

Sanghee walked into the office, a bit groggy. She had spent the whole night thinking how to move forward with this case. The evidence presented was not strong enough and that's why she needed to hear from the defendant's point of view. He might disclose new evidence that could help him, that is if he were actually innocent.

“What are you talking about? I met him yesterday?” Sanghee mused, sitting down on her seat. Strange. He said the same thing too.

Felix's voice didn't sound so upbeat like it usually would and that made her curious. The blonde was a worrywart and wouldn't let even the littlest things slide. “Silly, did you forget what day it is again?” his glint returned, the Felix she was well familiar with.

“No. it's Thursday,” Sanghee scoffed.

Felix looked away from the papers he was researching on, boredly pointing at the calendar and indeed it wasn't Thursday as Sanghee had proclaimed. It was Wednesday, the day she was supposed to meet the defendant, for the first time.

★. . . . . . . . .★

“I'm feeling great, no need to ask.”

The second Sanghee sat down, the male opposite her blurted. He looked dazed and paler than he looked in his photo. His hair was a total mess and eyes droopy. But somehow he had a coy smile, one that made shivers run down her spine.

Sanghee hesitated to speak. “Sam.”

Hyunjin's eyes widened, and what she had called him made him agape. Very few people knew about that name, how did she? Unless... “What did you say?”

“You like being called Sam, right?”

The ravenette's lips twitched into a lopsided smirk, a low huff emitting from his parted lips. The taller leaned back, relaxing more on the backrest. “Hey Sanghee...” his tone lilted, laced with honey, silvery and smooth. “It took you...” Hyunjin took up his arm, his white shirt had a moist red patch on it, but he ignored that, slowly rolling up his sleeve.

Sanghee's jaws drop, her stomach feeling weak.

Hyunjin had inscribed the number thirty seven on his left hand. His wounds were still very fresh and Sanghee could only imagine just how painful that might have been. The numbers were boldly written and deep, making his skin red, she could tell he did it not too long ago, for blood was still oozing from the strokes.

“Thirty seven days, Sanghee,” Hyunjin looked away from his hand, smiling faintly at her.

“Do you wanna see a doctor?” Sanghee gulped, pursing her lips afterwards. Why the hell would he do it? And how? Doesn't the facility keep sharp objects away from the detainees?

“I'm not crazy.”

“I meant for your hand,” the brunette ran her fingers through her hair, huffing out exasperatedly.  “Why'd you do it?”

“I wanted to scare you and I wanted us to match,” Hyunjin pushed himself up, sniffling. His eyes getting droopier by the second, he trudged his way towards Sanghee, taking out a piece of glass from his undershirt. The tip was red and that made Sanghee realize he must've harmed himself with it.

“Hwang, you're not okay...” she looked over his shoulder, searching for the center's wardens.

Hyunjin quickly used his hand to press her mouth shut. “I'm fine,” his voice was low, just a tiny mumble, before his eyes shut, his body slumping on hers. The black haired staggered backwards, trying to get his head off her shoulder. Sanghee could hear the glass drop and she knew he had lost consciousness.

She heaved out a breathy sigh. “Lord.”

------------------• ° -🧡- ° •------------------

What if you could have any superpower for a week, which would you choose?

Anyways hi, how are you?

As always Lee (> •-•)> will be taking your votes and comments

Thanks for reading
Cya💚