Run

Pairing: Acelu
Level: Slight
Category: Comedy/Fluff?
Type: Oneshot

Canon-divergent Marineford

----

"I won't run." Ace gritted his teeth and readied his fists. Akainu smirked, knowing he had his target locked, and walked closer.

"Whitebeard is just an insecure and sad man." He continued on, he laughed at every vein that felt popped from Ace's forehead, "But he'll die all alone, because that's the ending for all criminals. Just like your father."

"AH!!!!" Ace lost it and yelled, throwing a flaming arm, though being easily caught by the admiral, "You sick bastard!! You have no right to.. compare Pops to him!" Ace pushed his hand away roughly.

"Save it." Akainu replied, "All this wouldn't happen if you just hadn't been born. If your stubborn mother didn't think of such a ridiculous way to waste her life on garbage like you!" Saying that, he took his magma fist and started charging back toward Ace.

"You shut up!!!" Ace only saw red. He let the flames explode upward, ready to attack.

"Ace!!" Luffy's voice was faint in the distance, he couldn't be heard by the hot headed second division commander, "ACE!!" 

Luffy had enough of it. He knew his brother was super strong but he also knew his brother had been in hell for months. There was no way he could beat an admiral.
"ACE!!! YOU STUPID BASTARD!!!" Luffy hollered on the top of his lungs.

"Shut up Luffy! You go ahead already!!" Ace finally responded, looking back with annoyance.

Luffy clenched onto Ace's vivre card harder, "I'm not leaving without you!!!"

Luffy's whine frustrated Ace "Damnit Luffy!! It's not safe for you here!! Stop being so stubborn!"Akainu was charging toward Ace, and Ace had his back turned to him. Thankfully he was a bit far, so Luffy had the time to stretch his arm and yank Ace out of the dangerous position.

"Luffy?? LUFFY STOP!!" Ace yelled in protest. He was aware that his flames were burning Luffy's rubbery arm. This wasn't going to end well, "HEY, LUFFY LET GO OR I'LL BURN YOU!!" And he tried to get rid of the flames, but rubber was naturally good at holding in heat, so nothing worked.

"I will burn myself if Ace doesn't make it!!" Luffy answered and prepared to launch Ace far away from danger, "JINBE CATCH!! Gum gum save-Ace-rocket!!" WIthin seconds, both brothers were flying away from the magma admiral. Wait.. what the hell? Did he just rename his attack to something way dumber?

Ace didn't know it was possible to turn 100 shades of red in a second, but he did, out of plain embarrassment, "Y-You..... Stupid.. STUPID LITTLE BROTHER!!" Ace fumed.

Meanwhile Akainu kind of just stood there, dumbfounded as he watched Straw Hat launch his big brother, in chains to be executed minutes ago, and about to die just seconds ago, to god knows where.

"Luffy I don't RUN!!" Ace shouted mid-air.

"Shishishishi! That wasn't running, it was gum gum save-Ace-ro-"

"Okay don't ever mention that name again, it's too stupid for my liking!" Ace muttered, changing the topic.

"Save the bickering for later, boys! We've got the entirety of the marines to run from." Jinbe said as he picked both raven haired boys up, carrying them like two logs under his arms.

Akainu finally decided to snap back into reality because he charged toward Jinbe and the young men. The three of them took turns freaking out and trying to block the crazy blow. 

But the blow never came, and when they opened their eyes, they saw Whitebeard, having yet another hole punched through him.

Ace's eyes widened in horror, "POPS!!" He shrieked along with the other members of the Whitebeard crew who happened to see it.

"Don't try to touch any of my sons again!" The man said in a dead serious tone. He took out his quake charged bisento and slashed Akainu into the core of the earth.

Strongest Man in the World indeed, he was still standing. Proudly, in fact. But his sons. Tears were flooding their eyes.

"NO!!" Somewhere on the other side of the battlefield, came a loud cry from a chained phoenix. Marco cursed angrily at his chained arm, "DAMNIT!! GET THIS THING OFF ME NOW!!"

"No worries, I'll be fine." Whitebeard smiled, "Go on now, Jinbe, my sons, it's time to retreat!!"The 16 division commanders wiped their teary eyes and saluted to their father. They began to retreat.

"Stop them!!" Sengoku ordered from the top, he was actually worried now. Marine soldiers started to pile up at the ports and fought the pirates with all they had.

Jinbe was cornered by too many marines, and having both his arms occupied, he couldn't get through them easily. Luffy and Ace saw this so they quickly jumped out from the fishman's grasp.

"Leave it to us Jinbe!" Ace and Luffy said at once.

Luffy grinned as he stretched out his limbs to clear out a path.

"Up for human barbecue?" Ace smirked and set the marines on fire. They were running all over the place, hands on their butts. Geez someone teach them stop, drop and roll!

But there was no need for that, because Jinbe now with his hands free, summoned the ocean waves and washed all of the marines away. Three hit combo!

"Okay now, let's get out of here!!" Jinbe reminded. He glanced around and saw a submarine."Hey that's Traffy's submarine!!" Luffy started waving at the yellow ship.

"Who-?" Ace murmured in curiosity.

"Law? Looks like he's been waiting for a while now, there's no time to waste, let's go!!" Jinbe said and both boys nodded. They rushed all the way to the submarine where they knew it was finally safe.

Sadly this is not canon :(