Surprise

Pairing: AceLu

Level: Mildly cute
Category: Fluff
Type: Drabbleshot
Rating: T

----

"Close your eyes," Ace stated sternly. Luffy closed them, "No peeking!" The older warned. Luffy was now pouting as he rocked on his toes.

"S'Ace gonna do?" Luffy frowned. What did his brother want to do if he had to close his eyes??

"If you keep being impatient I'm not gonna do anything! Took a fuck ton of guts to do this.." Ace murmured, hoping Luffy wouldn't hear the last part.

He held his breath for a bit. God he really was doing this. But Ace wouldn't back down from a fight, even if it was with his feelings.

But actions explain things better than words. So he silently counted to three.

Ace squeezed his eyes shut and leaned downward in Luffy's direction to give him a quick peck on the lips.

Ah shit. He could've done better.

Luffy's eyes sprung open at the feeling, he blinked and stared at his beet red older brother."What was that?" Luffy asked in curiosity.

"A kiss.." Ace muttered distinctly.

"Huh?"

"A kiss godamnit!" Ace yelled, way louder than he had anticipated, "I like you Luffy and that's what you do when you like someone!" Ace sputtered in one rushed sentence.

Luffy blinked before smiling again, "I like Ace too! Hey why didn't you do that before??" He pouted.

Well Ace literally just told him, it took a fuck ton of guts to pull this off and it wasn't even how Ace imagined.

"Luffy," Ace tried again to get his point across, "I love you." The words felt so weird coming out of his mouth. He hated just how stiff he sounded. Nothing was going the way he wanted.

"I love you too Ace!" Was the response from Luffy, so quick it couldn't be comprehended as sincere to most people.

Ace cupped the boy's little face in his hands and looked him dead in the eye, "No Luffy! Not like that!"

Luffy was confused, "Wha?"

Ace mentally scratched his head. How the fuck was he supposed to explain something like this to dense ass innocent Luffy? Ace wanted Luffy to remain pure, but sometimes, it backfired and kicked Ace in the butt. Because it turned him into a thick headed brat instead. He turned away to sigh.

Unexpectedly, a pair of hands turned Ace's head, and kissed him back. Sloppy and inexperienced. Obviously not the best kiss. But Ace was breathless.

Luffy backed down and smiled shyly as he looked up at him with his hands tightly grasped together in excitement. "Nii-Chan," he said, "I love you too!" He repeated. Ace's heart skipped a beat. There was no way Luffy knew what that meant.

"You.. you idiot! You don't even know what it means!" Ace blurted out in frustration, giving a smack to Luffy's head on instinct. He wanted Luffy to know. He really wanted Luffy to understand his feelings. The pain of keeping it in, to go away, fluttering and free.

Luffy made a face. "Yeah I do! I'm not a baby! Makino said that kisses on the mouth are only for the one special person in my life!" He argued in protest.

Ace blushed profusely. Apparently his brother knew what kisses were, thank god actually. He'd remember to get on his knees and thank Makino later.  "Then..! Then why didn't you kiss me before??" He demanded in a yell, half relieved, and half questioning.

Luffy paused. He seemed to be trying to figure the question out for a minute. But then again Luffy never actually thought about anything. "Ace thinks too much." Luffy said smiling, after a moment.

Ace was speechless. He felt himself physically turn into stone, break down, and crumple up into a pile of shit. Luffy rolled his eyes with a grin, perfectly understanding what just happened in his brother's brain. He took Ace's hand, "C'mon now Nii-Chan!!"