Cry

Pairing: Acelu
Level: Bittersweet 
Category: Angst
Type: Drabbleshot

Random thing that popped in my head, def not canon, none of this is canon.

----

Luffy had always been a crybaby.

No, he wasn't born a sensitive kid, Luffy was quite a strong one in fact. 

No one carrying the Will of D would be weak in the slightest.

But Luffy had an older brother.

That spoiled him. That loved him.

That Luffy depended on.

How heavily Luffy relies on Ace, especially after Sabo's death, made him super cheeky.

And that's where all the crying came from.

It was only to get his brother to do what he wanted.

And hell, it worked every time. Luffy really knew Ace and could read him easily.

The feeling was nice. 

Luffy was so used to having someone above him. That pampered him. That took care of him.

And not just anyone, Ace.

Because he's been loving Luffy since he was seven. Not that anything mattered before.

Ace was so fun to tease and his short temper, even after learning manners, was really tempting for a cheeky boy like Luffy. 

Then Ace was out for his adventure.

Naturally, Luffy stopped crying. And he focused on himself.

Sure, he missed his older brother's presence. But it was okay, because he knew Ace was somewhere out there. And he knew that they'd meet up again with tons of stories to tell.

Luffy's confidence, his everything, was all supported by his brother.

And now that the impossibly strong tree that had been shielding him from everything, just.. collapsed like that. 

After letting out all the tears that week, Luffy vowed to never cry again.

He couldn't, anyway.

Nothing was going to hurt more.

His tears were only for Ace to see.