Half

Pairing: NONE! (how tf)
Category: Uh
Type: Drabbleshot

Sooo sorry for not updating- you guys know it's June and June's a crazy busy month (also happy pride (saying this mid-June) )

(Half a dream, a third of their brotherhood and friendship)

----

As she spent the last few minutes of her life, embracing the equally tearful little critter in her arms, she couldn't help but feel so much guilt. Rouge felt awful, the kid she and Roger loved and waited for so long, was going to grow up without either of them. She wiped away some of her tears and looked at the marine vice admiral, seated in a chair beside her. The vice admiral was clearly distressed as he nodded slowly in Rouge's direction. She bit her lip, and returned the heavy nod. A stare, with so many emotions, powered by unconditional love, spoke infinite things words never could. There was one thing she knew for sure though, that little Ace was going to be safe, with this man. Rouge smiled at the thought of her child growing up happily, unbothered, and passed.

Ace was born to insanely incredible people, he would have been envied and targeted for sure, if he told anyone about his true identity.

But Ace didn't want it. He didn't care about whatever his father accomplished, because all he'd been told about was the crimes, that were described to be so horrible coming out of the drunk men at the bars. Ace knew he could never approve of Roger, seeing only the bad side of him ever since he was five.

"Did I really deserve to be born?"

Garp never tried to clear the misbeliefs, but what he said, as a marine, was the definition of fair.

"I guess you'll just have to live and find out."

A pair of sorrowful and dull eyes looked up, he understood.

Luffy on the other hand, was just a bubbly little kid who had his own thoughts about things. He didn't have parents either, none of them were in his life at least. Though Luffy was never distracted by rules as he got what he wanted.

He was always going to get what he wanted.

And Shanks risking his life to protect him made that belief stronger, boosting Luffy's dream to become a pirate.

Sabo was a lost one. He had a family and they were rich nobles. A beautiful and tall structure, decorated exquisitely with gold and silver. And, such a big living space, so endlessly big.. Like a maze. In a cage.

As a little kid, the boy sometimes walked down the streets alone when his parents were busy. High Town was filled with lively noises and people, but to Sabo, it was so dry. 

Boring. Was the word. The rich had everything they wanted, but there was something Sabo wanted too, that money couldn't buy. 

Three boys, each with a half of their dream, wandered aimlessly until they reached the jungle of Mount Colubo, each determined to find the other half.