Equal

Pairing: AceLu
Level: Slight mentions
Type: One-shot
Category: Crack fluff

----

It had been seen by everyone, but them.

So the straw hat crew decided to have a little "talk" with their captain at dinner.

"Honestly, Luffy, are you really sure he's your brother?" Nami asked, twirling around a fork with lettuce on it.

"Huh? Who's my brother?" Said boy responded half heartedly, fried chicken drum sticks occupying both hands. 

"ACE, you moron!" Nami yelled at him, leaving Luffy startled, "What kind of dumb question is that??" She added, fully standing up, ready to beat him up.

Luffy blinked before slowly beginning to eat again.

"Argh!! You're eating again already???" The girl pulled at her stiff orange hair in frustration.

"Relax, Nami-san." Robin said with a slight chuckle, "Let him finish first."

So the crew actively, and impatiently watched their sloppy captain eat his food the grossest way possible. It was almost like he was doing it on purpose, but he wasn't.

Either way, Sanji had enough of it.

"Quit that ready would you???" He shouted as he yanked the drumstick away from an inflated Luffy balloon.

"Sanji!!! Give it baaack!!!" Luffy whined, his stubby t-rex looking arms waving eagerly at the cook, but ended up toppling over with a loud crash. 

Nami slammed her palm against the table with the force of a meteor, "Luffy!" She yelled sternly, "Are we REALLY going to ignore the elephant in the room??"

The straw hat teen picked his body up slowly and climbed back to his seat, tilting his head in confusion, "What elepha-"

"It's called a metaphor you idiot!" Nami cut him off abruptly, preventing yet another stupid question from coming out of the boy's mouth. 

There was another brief silence, a war fought with glances and eyebrow gestures. The navigator constantly stared into Luffy's soul, and then over to the wavy raven haired adult, who was still dozing off in his food.

Luffy stared right back, only his eyes were blank as he slowly reached for the food from his brother's plate.

"Luffy!!" Nami screamed again, both boys woke up from their naps and daydreams.

"Ah? I fell asleep again, sorry." The older one mumbled an apology as he continued to stuff his face with food. Luffy grinned sheepishly, scooched over into Ace's personal space, and started to eat from the same plate. Nami's eye twitched and she was ready to drown both boys at sea. 

"Calm down, Nami! What do you even want to say??" Usopp put his hands up slightly, hoping to loose up the tension.

"Uhhgh!" Nami grunted, pulling at her hair in frustration, "Usopp, I can't stand them!! Does no one here realize what the problem is??"

Everyone shook their heads slightly, even Ace and Luffy. 

"Y-You guys..." The orange haired woman turned beet red and looked like she was about to faint.

Equally dense they were.

It runs in the blood of D.

Robin chuckled slightly, "It's not awkward if you don't make it awkward!"