34: There's Nothing Wrong with Nana

You Don't Mess Around with Jim - Jim Croce

❝You don't tug on Superman's cape

You don't spit into the wind

You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger

And you don't mess around with Jim❞

┌────── ☾ ⋅☆⋅ ☽ ──────┐THERE'S NOTHINGWRONG WITH NANA└────── ☾ ⋅☆⋅ ☽ ──────┘

THERE'S NOTHING
WRONG WITH NANA
└────── ☾ ⋅☆⋅ ☽ ──────┘

LUNA
SATURDAY, JUNE 29

"Alright. Show time," I mumble to the other two before flipping the scoop in my hand and smiling at the two girls in front of me. "Ahoy, thanks for stopping in, what can I get for you-" I stop and widen my eyes at the girl in front of me with a smile. "Holy shit. You're beautiful."

The girl's face lights up at the compliment before nodding to me with a chuckle. "Thanks. You are, too. I love your braids."

"And I love your nails," I say, nodding down at her pink nails, causing her already large smile to widen. "Sorry, um, what can I get you?"

"Oh!" the girls eyebrows raise like she forgot why she came by in the first place. "Just a scoop of chocolate."

"Coming right up," I smile and grab a cone before going to scoop the ice cream. "You new here?" I ask, and the girls eyebrows furrow in confusion. "You're here alone, and I don't think I've seen you at school before."

She nods at my explanation. "Yeah, just moved in a few weeks ago. I decided to finally get out and explore," She thanks me as I hand her the ice cream. "I'm Chrissy Cunningham, by the way."

"Luna Hopper," I respond with a nod. "That'll be $1.25."

As Chrissy digs through her purse, she continues to talk. "Hey, this is kinda embarrassing, but you're the first person who's actually been really nice to me here, and we've already established that I don't don't have any friends," she chuckles and hands me a ten dollar bill. "Maybe we could hang out sometime? You can show me around town?"

Although this whole thing began as a ruse, I nod with a genuine smile and write my phone number on a napkin to hand to her wordlessly. Chrissy smiles nervously as she accepts it. I hand Chrissy back her change, and she dumps the rest into our tip jar, giving me one final smile before walking away.

Once she's out of sight, Steve and Robin slam open the sliding windows behind me and I turn around, biting the tip of my tongue with a cocky smile.