Chapter 9

Y/N POV

We walked towards the cafeteria, Wonwoo began "Y/N..?"

His use of my name instead of his usual nicknames caught me off guard. "What happened back there?"

Concern etched his face, I sighed softly, shaking my head. "I honestly don't know, Wonu. I think they might have mistaken me for someone else, but V knew my name" I recounted, recalling the moment V had called out to me before Wonwoo intervened.

"Honestly he was a bit rude, but the whole situation just feels off. I'm not sure how to feel about it. "

Wonwoo nodded thoughtfully, a faint smile playing on his lips.

I rolled my eyes, anticipating his next comment, I quickened my pace in an attempt to evade his teasing. "Don't say it" I warned as he caught up to me again.

"Maybe it's because they're your 'Oppas'" he teased, laughing lightly and narrowly avoiding my playful attempt to swat his head.

"Don't call them that. I just enjoy their music" I replied with an eye roll, and he hummed in amusement as we reached the cafeteria.

As we walked into the cafeteria, Vernon and Dino were the first to spot us, calling out to catch our attention. Dino patted the seat next to him and I sat down, aware of the curious gazes directed our way.

A small sigh escaped me as I unpacked my lunch and set it on the table in front of me. The8 noticed the tension and shrugged, offering his advice, "Let it be. If they keep staring, we can always glare back."

I nodded, appreciating his attempt to ease my discomfort, even though I knew there wasn't much we could do about it.

"Yah! Speak Korean when the rest of us are around. You know it bugs us when you use your secret language" Hoshi interjected suddenly.

Seungkwan playfully patted his older brother's shoulder and added "It's only because he thinks you're talking about him." Laughter erupted among us as Hoshi affectionately pinched Seungkwan's cheek, launching into a mock rant.

Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see Vernon. "What took you so long, Noona?" he asked and I offered him a small smile, explaining that I had gotten lost in a book. He chuckled and encouraged me to eat more, his concern evident.

Deciding not to worry them with my encounter with the Bangtan boys unless it became an issue.

I caught Wonwoo's eyes briefly and he winked at me. Sensing someone's gaze on us, I glanced over to see Mingyu watching with a raised eyebrow. He knew us too well. I silently mouthed "later" to him, he nodded before returning to his meal.

 I silently mouthed "later" to him, he nodded before returning to his meal