Chapter 17

"Ah, so she fixed it after one of you pointed it out, right?" Hobi hyung chimed in, his input only adding to my confusionI only gave him a simple, slow nod in response, unable to find the words.

My mind flashed back to a time when she was arguing with Wonwoo about staying up late. 

He had pointed out that he knew she was lying and after he tolfer her about her tell, it vanished. Woozi hyung had suggested she was smart enough to change her habits, which had amazed us all at that time  so we never told her anout her new one.

RM leaned in, playing with his hands, looked at me with a faint smile. "When we were still recruiting members for BTS, our agency shocked us by telling us they had recruited a young girl to be a solo artist" he began. 

"This was after Hobi joined us. When we saw this small girl walk in, we were speechless. Everything about it felt wrong—a young girl being separated from her family."

Suga then picked up the thread of the story. "We that found out that this girl was alone and had no family, but she had this incredible ambition for music, just like the rest of us" he said.

Hobi chimed in, his face lighting up with a big smile. "She was so cute, and when we saw her passion and hard work, none of us could help but root for her. So, we took her in as a little sister and helped raise her just like we did for Jungkookie" he said, his smile growing even wider

'They can't be talking about Y/N, right?' I thought to myself, struggling to make sense of what they were saying. Y/N had never mentioned anything about wanting to be an idol. She had always focused on her studies and talked about furthering her career behind the scenes of music.

Hell, I had never even heard her sing once. But she did hum often, a soft, melodic sound that we all loved hearing. We had always been curious about her voice because of that gentle humming, but she never once sang out loud.

"Jin and Kookie were the next to join and Kookie was smitten the moment he met Y/N" Hobi continued. 

I froze when I heard her name. When I looked to my side, I noticed a faint pink blush on JK's cheeks. My gaze then shifted to RM, who stood up and grabbed a photo from one of the shelves.

I had noticed the photos a few times when I visited, but I never really looked at any of them because we always went straight to JK's room. 

RM handed me the photo, and there she was—my little one, with the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face. It was a group photo where she was surrounded by BTS, their faces lit up with happiness. Tae and Jimin hyung were giving her bunny ears.

"Her hardworking personality and undeniable charm make you want to be close to her, right?" RM smiled, making it clear that they were indeed talking about the same Y/N.

"She was with Big Hit after her parents died?" was all I could manage to ask as I came to terms with the fact that we were talking about the same girl.