Chapter 55

"I'm done trying to explain myself to you. You can't see how much I'm hurting too." I said softly, looking away.

He didn't waver his eyes from me, waiting for me to say it. I took a step forward, looking him in the eyes. "I am going to say this only once, Jungkook, so listen closely."

His eyes bore into mine as I contin     ed. "I am not the Y/N you lost that day. I woke up and I changed." His eyes started watering, but I had to make this clear. "I am not the girlfriend you once knew."

He stumbled back, wiping his tears from his eyes. "Stop" he pleaded.

But I continued, my voice trembling. "I am not the girl you loved so dearly."

He then screamed, "Stop it, noona!"

But I had to make it clear, so with tears in my eyes, I said, "When I woke up, those feelings I had for you were gone. You are important to me and we are soulmates but."

He silently watched me, tears falling from his eyes.

This was it. He needed to move on. I had to say it.

"I don't love you, Jungkook" I said and all the color drained from his face.

He didn't say anything for a few seconds, but after a while, he finally spoke up.

"You're right, you're not my Y/N" he said, his face turning cold. 

"It's my turn to take a step back this time."

Panic ran through my veins when he said tose words. 

I didn't want to hear his next words, but I waited, knowing I deserved whatever he was plaining to do.

"Let's go back to being strangers" he said with the coldest face I had ever seen him make.

My heart broke into pieces, and it felt as if he was taking away a part of my soul—well, I guess he was. I wanted to fight him, to hold onto him and beg him not to leave me, but I had no right to do that.

Without another word, I turned on my heel and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind me.

I stood in the hallway, staring at the floor with my hand still on the handle. I wanted to go back and ask for forgiveness; I wanted to be the person he lost, but I knew I couldn't be her.

I dropped my hand and looked up when I saw the guys standing in the hallway. They had been listening. 

I could see the panic on Tae and Jimin's faces. Of course they were panicking—their two soulmates were talking about being strangers again and possibly severing their soul ties once more.

"No, no, Y/N, please" was all Tae could say as he shakily walked closer to me.

I softened my expression and took the hand he held out to me. He immediately pulled me into a hug, silently sobbing into my shoulder.

Jimin opened the door to see Jungkook crouched over on the floor, also sobbing. 

Without a second thought, Jimin and Jin ran to him and hugged him tightly.

Yoongi was the first to speak. "Are you leaving again?" 

Tae stiffened when he heard Yoongi oppa ask that question. I glanced at their faces, then looked back at Jungkook and saw Jimin slowly rising from the floor, as if he was ready to run after me.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest when I saw Jungkook glaring at me.

I tried to pull away from Tae, but his grip tightened and I truly felt his desperation. I could feel mine too.