Chapter 56

Jungkook's POV

The door slammed shut behind Y/N and the silence that followed was deafening. 

My heart felt like it had been ripped out of my chest and trampled on. I could still hear her final words echoing in my mind. "I don't love you, Jungkook." It felt like a dagger to the heart.

I stayed crouched on the floor, tears streaming down my face, feeling utterly broken. I had lost her again and this time, it felt more final than ever.

I heard the door open and I hoped it was noona coming back, but when I looked up, I saw her standing in front of the door with Tae hyung clinging onto her tightly.

Jimin and Jin ran to me, trying to offer comfort, but their words felt distant and hollow. I appreciated their presence, but nothing could fill the void that Y/N had left.

I heard Suga's voice break the silence. "Are you leaving again?" His words hung in the air, heavy with concern and fear.

Tae stiffened, still holding Y/N and I could see his grip tighten around her. Of course, he didn't want to let her go; she was a part of our souls. Jimin had started rising slowly from the floor, ready to run after her if she had said yes.

Will she leave them again? Am I going to have to see them break down and lose a part of themselves again? 

Is it really that easy for her? Are we really so insignificant to her? I couldn't help but glare at her as all these thoughts ran through my head while we waited for her to answer.

When Y/N's soft "No" reached our ears, a collective sigh of relief filled the room. "That's entirely up to you to decide." She was giving them a choice.

But her words that followed were like a hammer to my heart.

Her voice was calm, but the weight of her words hit me hard.  I looked up at her, my vision blurred by tears when she added "But he already gave his answer. Goodbye, Jeon Jungkook."

All I felt was panic as I watched her pull away from Tae and walk past everyone. I jumped up and went to the hallway as we saw her look back at us, I could see the tears in her eyes. Giving us one last smile, she said, "I hope I'll see you around" and then she just left.

The door clicked shut and the room fell into a heavy silence once more. I buried my face in my hands, trying to block out the pain, but it was impossible.

Jimin's POV

The door clicked shut and the room fell into an oppressive silence. Jungkook buried his face in his hands, his sobs shaking his entire body. 

I felt utterly helpless, wanting to do something, anything, to make it better.

I saw Suga walk over to Tae, who still looked shell-shocked. He placed a hand on Tae's shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. 

"She said she's not leaving. We have to believe her."

Tae nodded numbly, his eyes still fixed on the spot where Y/N had stood. "I just... I can't believe this is happening again."

"Why were you fighting?" Namjoon asked quietly, his voice steady but filled with sadness.

"What happened?" Suga asked Jungkook who didn't answer Namjoon hyung.

I needed to know too. What the hell happened that led to them yelling at each other and deciding to part again?

"Jeon Jungkook, tell us what happened now!" Tae growled, his patience wearing thin.

Jungkook slowly lifted his head, his eyes red and swollen from crying. He took a deep, shaky breath, trying to compose himself. 

"She said she doesn't love me" he began, his voice breaking. 

"She said she's not the Y/N we used to know, that she's changed. She told me she's not my girlfriend, not the girl I loved."

Jin then spoke, his voice filled with concern. "She still doesn't remember anything?" Jungkook shook his head.

Namjoon was next, his tone gentle but probing. "Jungkook-ah, we never asked you about it because I thought it wasn't necessary to ask. But did you still feel like you were in a relationship with Y/N?"

Jungkook bit his lip, not looking up. 

I walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Can you answer us honestly?" I asked softly.

He took in a breath and sighed before answering. "I don't know, hyung. I was giving her space, but I thought she would remember everything, especially after she called me Jake."

I was stunned. None of us had brought up the nicknames she used to call us. We had decided to let her ease back into her old habits naturally, without feeling any pressure. 

Y/N would do anything to make us happy, even if it meant forcing herself to be her old self.

Back then, Namjoon hyung had spoken up about the chance she might be different now. 

He warned us that if she forced herself to remember and act like her old self, she might not be completely comfortable around us. So we followed her pace, letting her take the lead in rediscovering her connections with us.

Hobi's eyes lit up with hope. "She called you Jake? When?"

Jungkook nodded, his voice trembling slightly. "The night I told her about us being soulmates. She fell asleep and talked in her sleep." 

He took a shaky breath and continued "I thought she would remember everything when she bonded with all three of us, but she didn't. So then I thought that the more time we spent together, she might remember eventually."

Tears were building up in his eyes, I squeezed his shoulder lightly, trying to offer some comfort.

"She didn't remember one thing, hyung" Jungkook said, looking at me with despair. 

"I had to act like nothing was wrong and I had to watch as those guys clung to her. Every time I saw her, she was with one of them" he said, his gaze shifting to Tae, who had been silent until now. "Doesn't that bother you, hyung?"

 "Doesn't that bother you, hyung?"