Chapter 38

When I opened it, my heart sank. Five simple words were written in my unmistakable handwriting: "I'm sorry. I love you."

A pang shot through my heart, my breath catching in my throat as a single tear fell down my cheek. I looked back at him, speechless, as he continued.

"I rushed to your dorm where Namjoon hyung was still knocking. I frantically knocked too, before just breaking the door down." He leaned forward, elbows on his knees, his voice was barely a whisper

"My actions made everyone panic. When we walked into your dorms, everything seemed fine, but everyone's faces dropped when I pushed my way to your closet and opened it. Your clothes were gone."

"Noona, you were gone." he said, looking into my own watery eyes.

"We tried to find you. We searched everywhere, but it was like you vanished. We thought-we thought you didn't want anything to do with us anymore."

The weight of his words pressed heavily on my chest. The image of him breaking down the door, the frantic search, the heartbreaking realization that I was gone-it all painted a vivid picture of their pain and confusion.

"Jungkook" I whispered, my voice breaking.

"We've spent years wondering why, blaming ourselves, questioning everything. But now you're back, right? You didn't really leave us, did you?" he said, forcing a smile onto his face, the effort clear in his strained expression.

I nodded, giving him the note and picture back, tears streaming down my face. "I'm so sorry-I..."

"Little one!"

I looked up to see Mingyu and Wonwoo running toward us, alarmed by the tears on my face.

Wonwoo reached me first. "Wonu-" I started, lifting my hand slightly to reassure him I was fine, but he grabbed that hand and pulled me up, positioning me protectively behind him.

"What did you do to her?" he growled at Jungkook, clearly angry.

Jungkook stood up, his expression turning cold and annoyed by Wonwoo's aggression. "I didn't do anything to noona, hyung. We were just talking."

"Talking? Why is there tears on her face then?" Mingyu echoed, his eyes narrowing as he stepped closer, ready to back up Wonwoo.

"Yes, talking" I interjected, my voice trembling. "Jungkook was just telling me about... about what happened before I left."

Mingyu's eyes widened as he looked at Jungkook, who just shook his head, clearly angry at his friend for accusing him of hurting me just a second ago. But Mingyu let out a sigh of relief

Wonwoo's grip on my hand tightened protectively. "And that made you cry?" he asked, his voice softening slightly but still filled with concern.

I shook my head as he wiped away my tears with his free hand. 'It's just... my actions back then made me frustrated with myself. I really hurt them, Wonu,' I said with a sad smile.

Jungkook was seething with anger because of how close I was with Wonwoo but took a deep breath to calm himself.

Mingyu looked between me and Jungkook, his expression conflicted. "Little one, we should go now."

Wonwoo sighed, releasing my hand but taking my bag. "S.Coups hyung is waiting for you in the studio, let's go."

I glanced back at Jungkook, my heart heavy with the unresolved emotions between us. "We'll talk more. I promise."

Jungkook nodded, his eyes filled with sadness. "Yeah, later then" he replied, watching as Wonwoo and Mingyu led me away

 "Yeah, later then" he replied, watching as Wonwoo and Mingyu led me away