Chapter 19

"I met two of them yesterday" she said as she stood up and walked to the coffee machine we bought her when she opened the studio, as a gift. I hummed to acknowledge her words, the smell of fresh coffee filling the air as she pressed a button and the brown liquid poured into a glass.

"I'm not entirely sure what happened, but they seemed to know who I was, and obviously, I was taken aback" she continued. "I chose to fight the idea instead of listening to them. I brushed it off and walked away with Wonwoo."

She handed me the cup and I felt the warmth seep into my hands as I thanked her.

Joining me on the couch, she lifted up her feet and curled up into blanket.

"There was something in their eyes that bothered me though" she said quietly. "A longing feeling or something, I am not sure why they would look at me like that."

"Y/N, they miss you" I said gently, her eyes shot up, looking at me as if I had said something crazy.

Well, it might be crazy to her because she can't remember them and hearing someone say that their favorite K-pop group 'misses you' might be strange. I sat up and turned to her side of the couch.

"Last night they asked me about you, then they told me that you joined Big Hit Entertainment after what happened to your parents."

Her eyes flickered on the floor as if she was trying to remember. I put my hand on her knee to stop her, she suddenly looked at me with big eyes.

"What the hell did I do at Big Hit when I was 16 years old?" she asked, shock evident in her voice. I let out a relieved laugh, realizing that this was what she was wondering about.

Seeing her still puzzled, I decided to just blurt it out. "You were a trainee at the time."

She took a moment to think about it, then cocked her head to the side. Her next question made me follow her action, my face turning into an emotionless expression that screamed, 'Really?'

"I was a trainee for a boy group?" she asked, incredulity coloring her voice.

I chuckled softly, shaking my head. "From what they told me, you were pretty good. They said you had a lot of potential being a solo artist and worked really hard."

She sighed, leaning back against the couch. "That doesn't sound right" she said quietly, frustration evident in her tone. "Why would I want to be a trainee?"

I reached out and gently took her hand. "I bet you were great at that too" I reassured her. "There was never anything you couldn't do, little one"

"She squeezed my hand, a small smile appearing on her face. "Thank you" she giggled. "But you know that's not what I meant"

"oh" I replied softly.