Chapter 7

"Spark plug!" 

Wonwoo's voice snaps my attention and I turn my head sharply to see him rushing towards me.

He takes my bag from my shoulder and drapes it over his own before turning to face the two boys. His eyes widen slightly and he offers a respectful bow, greeting V and Jungkook as sunbaenims. 

"She's not lying" V says softly and Jungkook nods, his gaze fixed on Wonwoo. 

Turning back to me, I notice  V's eyes as he attempts to step closer, reaching out as if to touch my hand. Instinctively, I step back and in that moment, Wonwoo steps in front of me.

"You didn't greet me back, sunbaenim" Wonwoo says with a polite smile, addressing them directly. The tension in the air as Jungkook and V glare at my friend. Feeling their intensity, I reach out and grasp Wonwoo's hand from behind. 

After a tense pause, they begrudgingly acknowledge Wonwoo's greeting, but their hurt expressions don't escape my notice when their eyes land on my hand holding Wonwoo's.

"If my Y/N did anything to offend you, please allow me to apologize. She's new to the school and hasn't been back in Korea for a while" Wonwoo explains with a respectful bow. Sensing the need to diffuse the situation further, he continues 

"She had an accident not too long ago, so her memory isn't that great. Please understand that she might have forgotten some of our customs as she had lived abroad for quite a while." Both V and Jungkook's eyes widen in surprise, seemingly at a loss for words.

"Everyone is waiting for us, so we'll head off first. If you need anything, please let me know" Wonwoo concludes, gently guiding me to start walking away. 

Glancing back one last time, I see V and Jungkook still standing there, their gazes lingering on our intertwined hands.

Taehyung POV

She just left us again. Holding his hand, no less. 

I panic and turn to see Jungkook near tears I know he must be feeling even worse right now. I grab him in a hug, feeling his numbness. 

Jimin and Hobi hyung come running toward us with smiles that quickly drop when they see Jungkook crying. As they reach us, I feel tears forming in my eyes too. Jimin immediately grabs us, trying to comfort us, while Hobi hyung calls the others not knowing what to do.

When Hobi hyung ends the call, he looks at us with furrowed brows. I look back and see a tear fall from Jimin's eyes. He tries to say something but chokes on his words. Finally, he softly asks, "I-its her right,...i-is s-she okay?"

Hobi hyung, now very confused, steps forward and whispers a faint "Who?" Jimin just looks up, trying to compose himself as he steps back, wiping away his tear. "The only person that can make these two break down is her, hyung. S-something must have happened to Y/N" he says and I nod, Hobi's face then loses color.

We hear feet running toward us and looking back, we see the other hyungs racing over with panic faces.