Chapter 29

Jimin hyung only smiles and nods, his eyes landing on Tae hyung.

Mingyu's head snaps to Tae, who nods, then his eyes wander to me. 

This causes Mingyu's eyes to slowly lead to me, I lean back, not daring to look at his reaction.

"We are four soulmates" I let out and  peek to see Mingyu's mouth hanging open, not moving.

Mingyu blinks a few times, trying to process what he just heard. 

"It's rare, but it happens. They we were lucky enough to find each other." Namjoon hyung says and the other hyungs nod in agreement

"Imagine how pissed the agency was" Yoongi hyung chimed in, trying to lift the mood. 

"Yeah, I remember us standing in line one by one making contact with them after she bonded with Jungkookie to make sure we were not part of their soul group" Jin hyung said, earning a few chuckles here and there as we all remembered the memory.

Mingyu's eyes widened. "Wait, so everyone had to check?"

"Yep" Jimin replied with a grin. "It was like a strange, soul-detecting assembly line."

Hobi hyung chuckled. "The agency was in a panic, thinking it would mess up our image or cause some scandal. But strangely enough, it all worked out."

Tae hyung nodded. "And when we found out it was only Jungkook, myself and Jimin, it was a relief, but also a lot to process. We had a lot of meetings and had to sign NDAs."

I noticed Mingyu got really quiet and played with his fingers, not looking up. 

I nudged him. "You will still help us, right? We really miss her and we haven't seen her in years" I said, pleading with Mingyu who was now looking at me with a weird facial expression I couldn't quite describe.

He glanced over to Jimin and then Tae hyung. "What happened?" he finally said, we all looked at him trying to figure out what he was asking.

He let out a sigh after rubbing his face. "I've been hearing all these wonderful memories about Y/N, but there's something I don't understand." 

We waited for him to continue, but I started to feel anxiousness building up inside me.

"If everything was so great, why did she leave?" Mingyu asked, his voice tinged with confusion and concern. "Why did Y/N disappear from your lives?"

The question hung in the air, heavy and unanswered. The expressions on the guys' faces shifted from nostalgic to somber.

Jin hyung was the first to speak, his voice soft. "We don't know either."

"Bullshit" he said softly before standing up. 

"Why would she go through so much pain and torture herself to stay far away from you guys?"

The room fell silent again, the weight of Mingyu's words sinking in. We all exchanged looks, each of us grappling with the truth he had laid bare.

Tae hyung sighed heavily. "We've asked ourselves that question a thousand times. But the thing that shocked us all the most was when she left without even telling her boyfriend."

Mingyu let out a long sigh and sat back down, mumbling under his breath, "Wonwoo is not going to like this one." 

Annoyed with his words, I couldn't help but glare at my friend.

"Who was her boyfriend?" he finally asked, looking up and found some of the members pointed toward me. 

He looked at me with a shocked expression and realized I was glaring at him. "Shit! Just act like you didn't hear anything" he said, giving an apologetic smile.

Namjoon hyung caught my attention when he asked, "What do you mean by pain? Are you talking about the gap in her memories?"