Chapter 42

In the studio

SVT"s producer had a recent scandal and they were scheduled for a comeback before their tour started. So when they came to me with desperate eyes, asking me to finish their album, I couldn't say no. 

We had to work hard over the past few days, but honestly, they had it worse with everything they needed to do to prepare. So, I didn't mind working on their album, even with my tight schedule this week.

"Yah, sweets, look at this. You have no time this week. Why are you working this hard while you're still a student?" Wonwoo said, noticing how packed my schedule was.

"Big Hit and I have been working on these tracks for a while, but most of the work is done. I just have to keep my schedule open for Taehyung since he's so busy and his times can change at any moment. They did promise to inform me of any changes beforehand. Even though Taehyung's team can be a bit fussy, I'm excited to see how working with him again will turn out" I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Taehyung?" Wonwoo asked, his curiosity piqued. 

S.Coups continued the questioning, "Big Hit? So, BTS's Kim Taehyung?" He stared at my fully packed schedule on the screen.

I nodded, clicking away on my computer, making adjustments to the track. When I noticed them looking at me, waiting for an explanation, I stopped and turned to face them, placing my hands on my lap.

"I worked with BTS on one of their songs in the past, so when they decided to do solo albums, Taehyung chose to work with me. He didn't know who I was, so I don't see any conflict of interest, so I continued with the project," I explained.

They turned their gazes to each other before adding to the twenty questions game we were playing.

"So he doesn't know who you are even after reconnecting?" S.Coups asked. I shook my head.

"Are you going to tell him who you are?" Wonwoo stepped away from my chair to see my face more clearly. 

Again, I shook my head.

"No, he'll do the normal recording in the studio next door. I don't plan to tell him who I am, not until I really know them and decide whether or not I can trust them" I said. 

They nodded and looked back to the computer, trying to find a space for the members to come and record.

-**-

After a long day at the studio, I finally made my way back to the dorms. The night was still, the quiet hum of the city in the background as I unlocked the door and stepped inside. 

The familiar warmth of the place greeted me, a stark contrast to the bustling energy of the studio. Everyone else was still out with their schedules leaving me to enjoy a evening alone.

I slipped off my shoes and headed straight to my room, eager to unwind. My desk was cluttered with notes and textbooks, a reminder of the pile of studying I had waiting for me. 

With a sigh, I changed into my comfiest pajamas and pulled my hair up into a messy bun.

Grabbing a quick snack from the kitchen, I settled down at my desk and flipped open my laptop. 

The screen lit up, and I navigated to my latest study materials. Tonight's focus was on music theory and production techniques-something I was deeply passionate about, despite the workload.

As I dove into my studies, I lost track of time. The complexities of sound design and the intricacies of harmonic structures pulled me in and for a while, I was completely absorbed in my work.