Chapter 13

The Next Morning

I groaned as the sunlight filtered through the blinds, casting warm rays on my face. Reluctantly, I opened my eyes, the alarm blaring "wait how did I end up in bed?". I shrug and swung my legs out of bed, stretched and went through my morning routine with mechanical precision, each movement feeling automatic.

As I brushed my teeth, my thoughts drifted to the call from Mingyu. What could Jungkook have wanted? I shook my head, trying to push away the nagging questions and finished getting ready for the day.

Shuffling into the kitchen, I noticed Mingyu's usual spot at the table was empty. "Where's Mingyu?" I asked Seungcheol oppa, who was making coffee.

"He didn't come back last night " Seungcheol oppa replied, handing me a mug. "He stayed over at his friend's house."

I nodded, trying to mask my disappointment. I had hoped to talk to Mingyu this morning, but it looked like I'd have to wait a bit longer.

During lunch, I sat with my friends, but their chatter about weekend plans and practice for their new tour felt distant. I forced a smile and nodded along, my thoughts drifting elsewhere.

Earlier, I had noticed a familiar face across the room, engrossed in a book. When he looked up and our eyes met, he gave me such a warm, dimpled smile that I couldn't help but smile back.

Kim Namjoon was the leader of BTS, known for his intelligence, though he wasn't particularly friendly to strangers. I had always admired his sharp mind and insightful lyrics. 

I wondered what book he was reading; he made it seem like the most fascinating book ever, but I couldn't see the title. I was quite the bookworm myself, always eager to learn new things. 

As I picked at my lunch, my curiosity about Namjoon's book grew stronger. What could have captivated him so much? The idea of discovering the book's title excited me. Maybe it was something I would like to read too, something that might even give me a glimpse into his world.

Lost in thought, I barely noticed when Jeonghan nudged me, bringing me back to the present. "You okay? You seem a bit out of it" he asked with a concerned look.

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, just thinking about something. I'll be fine."

In the evening, I found myself immersed in my work again, seated at my desk in the studio with my laptop open and a notebook beside me. The usual inspiration that often came easily was absent tonight. Instead, my mind kept circling back to Mingyu, who hadn't contacted me as he usually did.

I stared at the blank screen for a moment, tapping my pen against the notebook absentmindedly. It wasn't like Mingyu to go silent without a word. Usually, there would be a text, a call, or even a playful emoji that brightened my day. But tonight, there was nothing.

I sighed and closed my laptop, the weight of uncertainty settling in my chest. Was he avoiding me? Was he angry about my reaction to his friend, or had I done something wrong? So many thoughts were racing through my mind. But one thing was certain—I needed to find out what had happened between Mingyu and BTS and why it had left him so reticent.

I stared at my phone screen, hesitating over the message I had composed several times in my mind. With a deep breath, I finally tapped the send button and watched as the message disappeared into the digital ether.

Ping!