Chapter 39

As I walked into the studio, I laughed at the sight of them goofing around.

Dumb and Dumber didn't say much on the way here after I explained the conversation I had with Jungkook.

 S.Coups saw me in the door and came to leed me to my setup.

Mingyu and Wonwoo stayed close, being cautious to make sure I wasn't alone. 

Mingyu mentioned he was afraid that hearing some of their memories might trigger me to hurt again like last time, but I didn't feel any pressure, so I assured him that I was fine.

"You're fine right?" Mingyu asked softly, giving my hand a gentle squeeze before letting go. "Tell us if you feel tired"

I stared at him blankly. "I am fine, but if you want me to take the night off I can always go home and make you two study with me?" 

Before Mingyu could respond, Wonwoo dragged him away, and I let out a triumphant smile.

As I started setting up my workspace, I noticed Hoshi approaching, his usual bright smile a little dimmed with concern. "Hey, thank you for helping us. I know it's last minute." he said gently.

"Don't worry about it. Just remember this when I need a private concert one day" I replied, trying to lighten the mood.

"Noona!" DK jumped out of nowhere and announced, "Just hold down the number two on your phone, that's my speed dial, and I'll do it for you anytime."

My eyes widened as I grabbed my phone and held down 2, seeing his clown face pop up on my screen as his number was being dialed. 

"Yah! When did you do this?" I asked, and he started backing away from me, giggling.

Jun appeared behind him and smacked the back of his head. 

"I should be her first speed dial, don't you think?" he said, walking over to grab my phone and change it.

"Hyung, you never answer your phone! What if it's an emergency?" DK whined while rubbing the back of his head.

Jun smiled and looked up from my phone. "I just don't answer your calls."

This led to DK whining and the rest of us giggling.

The playful banter made me feel at ease. I needed my friends now more than ever. If my relationship with the BTS boys was anything like my friendship with SVT, I can't understand why I would ever leave them behind and run away to another country without any notice.

S.Coups called everyone together for a quick meeting. "Alright, everyone, let's focus. We have a lot to get done in a short time. Y/N, I know you've had a lot with work and school, but thank you for doing this."

I nodded, giving them all a warm smile. "Anytime oppa."

As the session began, I threw myself into the work. The rhythm of the music and the structured process of recording was nothing new. It felt good to lose myself in the creative flow, to focus on something other then my past.

Every now and then, I caught Wonwoo watching me from across the room, his expression unreadable. I knew there was still so much left unsaid between us, but for now, I focused on the present.

The session went by quickly, thanks to the guys' playfulness and jokes. Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the dorms since it was already 2 in the morning. Luckily, tomorrow was the weekend, so we could always continue then.

As people started packing up, Wonwoo approached me. "Sweets, can we talk later?" he asked, catching me off guard.

I nodded, realizing this was my chance to talk to him about everything I had found out too. "Yeah, you know where to find me."

He gave me a small, hopeful smile. "Thank you. See you later."

"