Chapter 20

"So they did actually know me before everything?" she asked, her voice filled with disbelief.

I nodded, not wavering from her shocked gaze. "Yes, they did."

She fell back onto the couch, covering her face with her hands. "Shit, this is embarrassing."

I giggled and patted her head reassuringly before returning to my coffee, looking out the window again. The rain continued to fall gently outside, creating a soothing backdrop as we sat together.

---

Y/N's POV

The next few days were a whirlwind of emotions and revelations. After our conversation, I agreed to meet with the BTS members again. Not wanting to be overwhelmed, I told Mingyu that I needed time first because I was busy with a big project for a singer in the States. He said that he would leave everything in my hands and that I could decide when I wanted to approach them.

Feeling thankful that he didn't push me, I decided to see what happens after the weekend. I stayed at my studio the whole weekend. After a refreshing shower in the ensuite bathroom, I decided to take a break and scrolled through Instagram. My account, under my alias as a producer and songwriter, 'Shadow Muse' was my little escape from reality.

As Shadow Muse, I had built a loyal following. Fans liked the anonymity and my work spoke for itself. I posted snippets of music, cryptic messages and sometimes even photos of my studio setup, never revealing my face.

I checked my notifications and noticed a new follower. 

My heart skipped a beat as I saw that Suga started following me. He couldn't know right? Mingyu would never tell them that I am Shadow muse.

As I put my phone down, I felt a bit excited. I had worked with them on an album and I remembered how I agreed with Suga on his outlook for the project.

The weekend flew by in a blur of music, coffee and intermittent breaks. By Sunday night, I felt a sense of accomplishment, having made significant progress on my current project.

I headed back to the dorms, feeling exhausted. When I announced that I was home, Jeonghan ran to greet me. 

"Hi~" he smiled warmly and hugged me. I leaned into the hug, feeling the weight of my tiredness. He gently waddled me back to the couch where Jun, Joshua and DK were playing games.

We sat on the couch, watching them play, when Jun suddenly asked "Did you finish your project?"

I hummed in response, leaning to his side and laying my head on his lap. Jeonghan picked up my legs and pulled them over his lap so I could lie down comfortably.

"Did Mingyu tell you?" I asked, waiting for Jun's answer.

"Yes" he nodded. "It's weird, but I'll wait for you to figure everything out before I bombard you with questions." He looked down at me, smiling warmly before turning back to his game.

I nodded, closing my eyes. The noise of the boys playing and chatting filled the room, creating a comforting background that made it easy for me to drift to sleep.

As I started to relax, snippets of the past few days floated through my mind. Meeting with BTS, the memories I couldn't grasp and the support of my friends all intertwined in a soothing haze. 

Before I knew it, I was asleep, the rhythmic sounds of the game and the boys' laughter lulling me into a peaceful slumber