Chapter 33

Confused, I looked back at Jimin, who looked worried. 

"Please" Jungkook pleaded softly. His eyes, large and full of emotion, again doe-like, conveying a sense of innocence. 

They looked straight into mine, and I could see that in this moment, he was being vulnerable.

Unable to find my voice, I simply nodded slightly and we started walking out together.

As we walked in the courtyard, the silence between us was thick with unspoken words. I could feel Jungkook's eyes on me.

"Noona" he began softly, his voice steady but laced with emotion "I'm sorry about earlier" he said, stopping in his tracks.

I looked back at him, feeling a soft spot growing for this kid. I smiled, not looking away from his obviously sad eyes. 

"I wanted to get close to you too, but I knew I should give you space" he continued, now looking down at his feet.

"Jungkook-ah" I called him gently, he looked up to meet my eyes. I tilted my head slightly and continued, "Don't worry about it." His eyes didn't waver as he stared at me, filled with a mixture of hope and uncertainty.

"I found out about our previous relationship from Yoongi oppa, that's why I ran after you." I said, watching his reaction closely. 

He nodded slowly and I could see a pink shade growing on his cheeks

Walking with him was soothing in a sense; I was happy that we could finally have a proper conversation instead of running away from each other.

I watched his eyes and could see what looked like a desire to talk, but he seemed scared of overwhelming me.

"Jungkook-ah" I said softly, making him flinch. 

"I appreciate that you're giving me space—it means a lot. But I also want to understand the kind of friendship I had with all of you. Meeting you has been the first clue to the memories I've lost since I woke up. I want to at least try to be friends with you again. Is that okay with you?"

His eyes lit up with a glimmer of hope. "I want that too, Noona. More than anything."

I smiled, feeling relieved. I wanted to know more about the people who stood by me during my teenage years.

"Then let's take it one step at a time. Let's start with something simple today."

I could see the curiosity grow in his eyes as he started walking again, leading us to a bench where we could sit and talk. 

"What do you want to know, noona?" he asked and my heart fluttered. Seeing that bunny smile in real life was dangerous.

I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts. "Tell me about the things we used to do together. What were some of your favorite memories with me?"

 What were some of your favorite memories with me?"