Chapter 22

He stopped when he reached the spot next to me but simply turned forward, not saying a word. This was probably his way of giving me space while still being near. It felt comfortable.

As the class went on, I found myself glancing over at Jimin occasionally. He seemed to be doing the same, our eyes meeting briefly before we looked away. Jimin's eyes were inviting, with a spark of kindness and a glint of playfulness that made it hard not to keep eye contact.

My nervousness seemed to fade, replaced by a feeling of comfort and ease. I had to admit that being near Jimin made me feel a lot lighter about the situation. As the class ended, I turned to him and he hesitantly turned to me.

"Would you like to get a coffee?" I asked.

He crouched down in relief, rubbing his face with both hands. "That scared me" he said.

Instinctively, I crouched down as well, a sense of panic rising. 

"Are you okay? What just happened?" I asked, starting to look behind me to see if there was anything there since he mentioned being scared

Jimin laughed softly, lowering his hands to reveal a warm smile. "No, no, it's not that" he reassured me. "I was just so nervous that you might still feel uncomfortable around me. When you asked me for coffee, it felt like I was able to breath again."

I sighed in relief, feeling my own tension dissipate. "You scared me for a second there" I admitted, a small smile playing on my lips. "soo, about that coffee?"

He chuckled, standing up and offering me a hand. "I'd love to get a coffee with you." When I looked at his hand, his eyes grew wide and he pulled it back immediately, rubbing the back of his neck with a shy giggle. 

'His eyes really do disappear when he smiles' I thought to myself before standing up.

"I know just the place" I said as I grabbed my bag. 

As we walked out, I started "I noticed that Jungkook wasn't in class today."

Jimin smiled and looked my way before answering, "Yeah, he had something to do this afternoon, but I can promise you he'll freak out when he hears about this." He chuckled, his laugh was contagious, making me want to giggle too

We reached the café and before I could order anything, Jimin looked at me with a stern face.

"No, you are not having coffee. How many cups did you have today?" he asked, pointing out my foot that was tapping under the table.

Without realizing it, I pouted and huffed while crossing my arms. 

He chuckled and ordered my favorite milkshake. I watched him patiently waiting for our drinks while he typed something on his phone. Taking out my own phone, I took the opportunity to let the guys know I was at the café.

He returned with our drinks, setting down my milkshake in front of me. "Here you go. A much better choice" he said, grinning.

"So we used to be friends?" I blurted out of nowhere, he choked a bit on his drink. Wiping his mouth, he let out a laugh. "Yaah, same old same old, hey? Straight to the point without any hesitation whatsoever" he said. I handed him a paper towel while giggling.

"To answer your question, yes, we were friends. We were really close actually" he said. 

I just nodded, not knowing what to expect. He glanced over at me, and I noticed a bit of hesitation in his eyes, so I asked the first thing that came to my mind.

"Can you tell me how you and I met?" I asked, curious about the handsome man in front of me. I really wanted to know why this guy would choose to befriend me.

 I really wanted to know why this guy would choose to befriend me