Chapter 27

"You really do sleep anywhere, don't you?" I teased.

He shrugged and sat next to me. 

Usually, I would have moved away when someone touched my face and leaned close, but that familiar feeling took over again, and I decided to just go with it.

Suga was well known as someone who didn't like skinship and valued his personal space.

"Were we always this close?" I asked, he just nodded still listening to my raw track of me playing the piano.

"I called you squishy" he said, leaning his head on my shoulder. "You were the best pillow because you wouldn't move for hours while reading your books. Plus, you smell like spring or something."

I felt a surge of joy in his words. The nickname was cute. "Squishy, huh? that's new"

He chuckled softly. "Yeah, you are comfortable."

I smiled, feeling a amused that this grandpa had a soft side. "Well, I can't deny that. I still hardly move when I read."

Suga sighed contentedly, closing his eyes. "Some things never change."

As we sat there under the tree, listening to the melodies I had created, I felt a sense of peace and belonging. It was moments like these that made the journey of rediscovering my past a little less daunting.

Just then, I noticed someone standing a few feet away, staring at us. 

It was Jungkook. He stood there, staring at us.

Suga opened one eye and saw Jungkook. 

"Have you two talked yet?" he asked, his voice calm and steady.

"Nope" I answered, shaking my head when I saw Jungkook walking away, looking a bit annoyed.

"You should" Suga said, lifting his head. 

"His girlfriend disappeared and when she finally came back, she told him that she didn't know him and walked away hand in hand with another guy before getting any answers" he said nonchalantly.

My eyes grew wide and I almost yelled  "W-what?" 

I pointed at myself in disbelief. "Me- I was his girlfriend?"

Suga nodded, frowning slightly "Wait, Mingyu didn't tell you?"

I sat there, stunned. 

The revelation hit me like a ton of bricks. How could I not remember something so important? How could I not remember someone as significant as Jungkook?

Suga's casual demeanor did little to calm my racing thoughts. 

"No, Mingyu didn't tell me" I whispered, feeling a mix of confusion and guilt. 

"Why didn't he tell me?"

Suga sighed, his expression softening a bit. "He probably thought it was too much for you to handle all at once. I don't know"

"I need to talk to Jungkook" I said, standing up. 

I stopped and turned back to Suga.

"Did he ever get closure?" I asked before leaving.

Suga gave me a reassuring smile. "No, but we hope he does soon. He deserves to hear it from you."

I took a deep breath and started walking in the direction Jungkook had gone. As I approached him, my heart pounded in my chest. I had to make this right, for both our sakes.

"Jungkook" I called out, my voice trembling slightly.

He turned to look at me, his expression guarded "What is it, noona?"

Being taken aback, I just turned around with wide eyes and said, "Never-mind then."

I could feel my face flush with embarrassment as I quickly walked away. 

But I knew this wasn't something I could ignore. Taking another deep breath, I turned back and said one more thing before going to lunch.

"You know; I don't know what happened but just know that I also want answers and I am trying my best here too" I said, turning and walking away, leaving Jungkook behind.