Chapter 6

Jungkook's POV

Taehyung hyung and I were walking to meet the others when I spotted someone reading under a tree. It looked cozy and inviting. 

"She's pretty" I whisper under my breath. 

I noticed a resemblance that tugged at my heart. It's been years,  I thought the pain would have faded by now. 

I realized I was staring a bit too much when she lifted her head. 

Shit! I must look like a creep. But then our eyes met, time seemed to stand still. Every wall I had built up came crashing down in an instant when the soft brown eyes I had been searching for over the past two years were looking back into mine.

Your POV

Why is Jeon Jungkook looking at me like that? A strange, unsettling feeling rises within me, urging me to approach him, but I quickly dismiss it.

Other fans would have already rushed to him by now. I hear someone calling his name and glance over to see V running towards him. V noticed that his friends gaze was locked on something and then turns to look in my direction too, prompting a reaction from him that startles me to my feet in surprise. 

He freezes momentarily, then slowly turns on his heel and starts walking straight toward me.

As he nears, a frown from confusion etching itself on my face. His approach falters as he stops in front of me, his expression softening.

"Is that really you?" he asks softly, confusion evident in his voice. 

Completely bewildered, I remain silent, simply staring at him. He attempts to take a step closer, but instinctively, I step back, holding my book protectively against my chest. 

He stops again, confusion starting to creep into his features.

"When did you get back? Why didn't you tell us you were here?" His tone begins to harden. I shake my head, struggling to form coherent words. 

"W-what?" is all I manage before his expression shifts towards anger, irritating me a bit. I straighten my posture, relaxing my arms a bit and glance over his shoulder to see Jungkook still standing there, watching us with an uncomfortable look on his face.

Returning my gaze to him, I find him still waiting for an answer. "I think you have the wrong person. I'm new here. Please excuse me." 

I bow slightly and attempt to step away, but he scoffs and runs a hand through his hair in frustration, causing me to stop and look back at him. When I meet his gaze again, I no longer see anger but instead a hint of sadness.

"You think we wouldn't recognize you just because we haven't seen you in a couple of years and you changed your hair?" His persistence starts to overwhelm me. 

I sigh deeply, softening my expression as I turn my head to look towards the pathway leading to the buildings. "I really don't know what you're talking about. I'm sorry." 

"Wen Y/N!" he suddenly yells, his voice now tinged with anger towards me.

This outburst prompts Jungkook to snap out of his reverie and rush over, gripping V's shoulder and scanning the surroundings. 

"Hyung, what are you doing" he cautions, glancing up to find my face burning with frustration.

"Listen here, I don't know how you know my name, but since we don't know each other, don't you think you're being extremely rude shouting at me in that manner?" I direct my gaze at Jungkook, whose eyes widen as he registers the coldness in mine. 

He mumbles a hesitant "what..." before glancing back at V, his own eyes searching mine with a puzzled intensity, as if trying to discern something crucial.

"Spark plug!"