Chapter 36

"Well, you're going to have to think about it, but we should do this indoors after a hot shower" she said, her voice soft yet stern.

I decided to follow her, the rain easing up as we walked, but my thoughts were miles away. All I could think about was how much I wanted to take her hand and keep her small hands in mine for as long as possible.

I stopped suddenly, my gaze locked on her hand. It was a simple thing, really—just her hand—but to me, it meant so much more. 

After a few steps, she noticed I wasn't by her side anymore and turned back, confusion in her eyes. Before she could walk toward me, the words slipped out, almost without my permission.

"Noona, I want to hold your hand."

The words hung in the air, a simple request, but with so much emotion behind them. She walked back to me and when she reached out to take my hand in hers, I felt the warmth of our bond flood through me.

"Let's go home, Kookie" she said softly, squeezing my hand gently. But I didn't move. I couldn't. My heart was racing and before I knew it, I tightened my hold on her hand, intertwining my fingers with hers.

"That's not what I meant" I said, pulling her closer to me.

She looked up at me and the intensity in my eyes must have taken her by surprise. The rain fell around us, but all I could focus on was her—her presence, her warmth, her everything.

"Noona, I want to hold your hand every day" I said, my voice steady, but overflowing with emotion. "I really like you."

The world seemed to stop in that moment. I watched as her breath caught in her throat, her eyes wide with surprise. The girl I had always seen as my best friend, my soulmate, the one who had always been by my side, was standing in front of me and I was confessing everything I had kept buried for so long.

The rain kept falling, but it didn't matter. All I cared about was this moment, with her.

"Jungkook" she whispered, her voice barely audible. I could see the confusion in her eyes. She probably didn't know how to answer.

I stepped even closer, holding her hand tightly, afraid that if I let go, she might slip away. 

"Noona, I've felt this way for a long time. I tried to push it away, to ignore it, but I can't. I need you to know how I feel."

I saw her eyes glisten, reflecting the rain "Kookie, I—"

Before she could finish, I pulled her into a hug, wrapping my arms around her protectively. I was scared of her answer; I just wanted her to know about the battle inside me, but I didn't want her to walk away from our friendship if she didn't feel the same. "You don't have to say anything now. I just needed you to know."

After a few seconds, she gently pushed me back and I felt my arms drop to my sides, anxious about what might happen next.

She reached her hand out, not saying anything, just looking at me with that wide smile that always melted my heart. My eyes grew as I stared at her, trying to comprehend what she was offering.

"You said you wanted to hold my hand, right? Here, it's yours, Kookie."

I blinked a few times, not believing what I was hearing. "You mean...?" I asked and she just nodded with that bright smile. The smile that had gotten me through so many tough days, the one that I loved so much.

I dropped the umbrella, not caring about anything else and stepped toward her hastily. Grabbing her waist and lifting her up, I spun her around, feeling lighter than I had in years, giggling like a child.

When I finally put her down, I rested my forehead against hers, my arms still wrapped around her waist, not wanting to let go.

"I like you too, Kookie" she said softly and my heart swelled with emotion.

"I like you more noona" I whispered, feeling a sense of peace I hadn't felt in a long time.

*End of flashback*