Chapter 63

Jungkook's POV

We had been waiting for what felt like hours for an update. Suga hyung had called earlier and Namjoon hyung took the call in another room. When he came back, he told us that Y/N had needed a bond.

Why was she so weak that she almost collapsed? I thought, the worry gnawing at me.

The door opened, I saw the hyungs walk in, but they were not alone. My heart skipped a beat when I saw Jimin carrying Y/N in his arms. She wasn't awake.

I ran to them, my heart pounding in my chest. I reached up and touched her face, feeling the warmth of her skin against my hand. "Kookie, she's only sleeping. Don't worry" Tae said, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

I closed my eyes in relief when I felt her nuzzling up to my touch. A smile spread across my face as I saw her pouting in her sleep. 

It had been over a month since I last bonded with her, I missed her touch more than I could express. The familiar warmth of our connection flowed through me, easing the tension that had been building up inside.

Jimin said "I'm taking her to her room" and walked past me with Tae following, carrying a suitcase. 

Wait, a suitcase? I turned with wide eyes and Suga hyung let out a heavy sigh. "Let's talk, Jungkook-ah."

Jimin and Tae came back, Jimin sitting next to me and Tae positioned himself in front of me, leaning on my legs. This can't be good.

Jin started, "Is she okay?" Suga nodded and said "Wonwoo and Vernon found her on the floor after they heard a thud. She recovered quickly, like last time, so that's good."

My eyes were wide. "Last time? This isn't the first time?" I asked and Namjoon shook his head, answering, "Remember when she was at the company and went into TXT's dance studio?" I nodded, recalling the incident. 

I left after I saw she was fine. "Why is she so weak? Aren't you guys bonding?" I asked looking at our soulmates.

Namjoon exchanged a worried glance with Suga before speaking. "It's complicated, Kook. Her health has been fragile and she needs more frequent bonding to recover for the time being."

I felt a surge of guilt. I had been avoiding her, thinking it was for the best, but now it seemed like I was only making things worse. "Why didn't anyone tell me?" I demanded, my voice breaking.

"We didn't want to worry you" Suga said softly. "But we realize now that you should have known. You're her soulmate, too."

I clenched my fists, frustration and worry boiling inside me. "But why is she moving in? What does that have to do with anything?"

Tae, sitting by my legs, looked up at me with serious eyes. "She needs to be close to us, Kookie. Every time she has an episode, it drains her. We need to be there to help her recover."

Jimin nodded, his expression equally grave. "If we're not close, she could get worse. We can't risk that. Her skin felt really cold earlier"

I took a deep breath, trying to process everything. "So what now? You know we are keeping our distance; it's going to be hard if we stay under the same roof."

"Look, Kook, you have a choice in this too. If you feel uncomfortable at all, then Jimin said he and Taehyung will move into Jimin's apartment for the time being, but there was no time tonight" Suga said, his voice steady but filled with concern. 

Hobi continued, "JK, this is your choice, but maybe being close to you even when you don't talk will be good for the two of you."

I nodded. What they said made sense and I did want to be near her, but I was still worried. I had made progress in leaving the past behind, I still wanted to move on. "Okay. Let's do this. But please understand that I won't change. I will still be keeping a distance. I still need time."

They all looked around and nodded. Jimin placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "We understand, Jungkook. Take all the time you need."

Y/N POV

'I can't breathe!' 

'It's too hot'

'I can't move' I thought as I opened my eyes to see the culprit.

Tae was in my bed, using me as a teddy bear again. I giggled as I tried to get out of his death grip, only for him to tighten his hold on me.

 I giggled as I tried to get out of his death grip, only for him to tighten his hold on me

I heard a knock on the door and Jin popped his head in. 

He saw Tae and announced out the door, "Found him!"

Namjoon then walked in, shaking his head with a knowing smile. "I told you he'd be here."

"Oppa, help me!" I whispered, still trying to wriggle free from Taehyung's grasp.

Jin chuckled and walked over to the bed, gently shaking Taehyung's shoulder. "Taehyung-ah, wake up. You're suffocating her."

Tae mumbled something incoherent and buried his face deeper into my neck, refusing to let go. Namjoon stepped in, his dimpled smile making an appearance. "Tae, come on, let her breathe."

With a few more shakes and gentle prodding, Tae finally opened his eyes, blinking sleepily. "Wha...?"

"You were smothering her, you big bear" Jin teased, helping me sit up and hugging me like I am a child as Taehyung reluctantly released his grip.

Tae rubbed his eyes and sat up, looking adorably disoriented. "Sorry, bear. Didn't mean to trap you."

I chuckled, brushing my hair out of my face. "It's okay, Bear. Just next time, maybe don't hold on so tight."

Namjoon handed me a glass of water, which I gratefully accepted. "How do you feel today?" he asked, his tone gentle.

"Better, thanks" I replied, feeling a bit more refreshed despite the early morning chaos.

Jin clapped his hands together. "Alright, breakfast is ready. Let's go eat before it gets cold."

As we made our way to the kitchen, Taehyung stayed close, his hand lightly resting on my back. But before we reached the end of the hallway, Hobi held up a hand in front of my face, stopping me in my tracks.

"Good morning, oppa" I said, a little confused.

He gave me a big smile and said, "Good morning, sunshine. I need one of you two to wake up your soulmate." He pointed to a room down the hall.

I looked at Jimin's room and saw Taehyung walking past me, shaking his head. "It's too early" he mumbled.

I gave a confused look, but Hobi just patted my shoulder and mouthed, "Good luck" before walking away.