115. Sharing food

Very imp notes at the end, so please do read them. Enjoy the chapter! ♥

Also, congrats Akriti281 for being the winner of the previous quiz! And shoutout to Anahita1999 for binge reading CSD (and BM et al)! ✨ 

--*--

The fact that Arnav, Khushi and their love story was anything, but cliché was a well-known and accepted theory. So, the mandatory thing in lovers' playbook which was sharing food, eating out of the same plate never really appeared in their case. Given that both of them had such a different choices in their favorite cuisines also played their role. On one hand when Khushi liked sweets and savories, jalebis and golgappa (pani puris), food available on streets, her 'Englishman' husband on the other hand liked bland and less oily food, having pasta (quote unquote geela pusta in khushi's words) and sugar-free desserts! So, there was no way they ever thought of doing this 'jhoota khane se pyar badhta hai (sharing same plate increases love between two people)' stuff. They anyway had an abundance of mutual passion and love, aur kitna hi badhayenge?

Now their kids on the other hand didn't exactly believe so!

--*--

It was some time before dinner. Since the season of mangoes in India was nearly ending, Raizadas had decided to have as many mangoes as possible in their desserts post-meal and even as a snack before. So, that day too, Payal had given cut mangoes to all 4 kids- Chiku, Piya, Palash and Pari (Aru didn't like to eat mango slices as it would be messy business for the little laad governess!). When the 3 kids were enjoying their own share, there was one kid- Pari, who was eying the bigger tray kept at the center containing more mango slices. She just loved mangoes- in her language "aamgo"!

No prizes in guessing who finished her plate first and asked for more,

"maa- si, aam -go" she said in broken words, tapping payal's hand who was on the next chair, feeding palash a small piece of the king of fruits.

Payal smiled at her foodie niece who was just another khushi in her love for food and gave her a few more mango slices. Pari's face brightened like the shiniest star in the cloudy sky, and she started chewing onto a slice. Her hands were covered in mango pulp and some of it was even smeared around her mouth.

That was how arnav found his daughter when he returned from work. He had come home early that day as khushi was going to work a little late. So, she had called her jiji as well as Arnav to ensure her kids were looked after, fed dinner and if needed put to sleep.

Arnav looked at the picture his daughter made and controlled his urge to roll his eyes. Thankfully the plate in front of her seemed empty. So, walking over to the dining table, he picked her up with an intention to clean her hands and wash her face, that was showing off just how much mango-eating had happened here. Like Khushi, pari was quite tiny too so he never understood how did these mother-daughter duo worked their appetite?

However, he was in for getting puzzled more when khushi returned home around dinner time. Most of them had finished their dinners and left the table. Arnav had fed Aru and was now waiting for Khushi to eat with her while Payal had fed Pari and now was looking after Nani who was still eating. Khushi quickly went to her room, washed her face, and came to the dining table. She was practically starving, and the aroma of the food was already testing her patience.

"Jiji, ab aap bhi ja kar aaram kijiye, hum apna aur Arnav ji ka khana paros lenge aur Naniji ko kuch chahiye hoga toh bhi dekh lenge (Now you go and take rest, I will serve mine and Arnavji's food, and will also look after Nani ji if she needs something)." Khushi said, pulling a chair beside Arnav and taking a plate for herself and one for Arnav.