47. Lambi judai (separation)!

It was 5th time in that evening that Khushi's phone rang, and Arnav was asking something that was too obvious for her

"Khushi, Kavish wants his white Nike shoes, where have you kept them?"

"Offo! Laad governor! Aapko aane se pehle dikhaya toh tha(I had shown you before leaving), they are in his cupboard, left side bottom shelf." She informed while also sautéing the vegetables for dinner.

"haan, fine got them. love you, bye" and just like that he hung the phone up, again!

Khushi shook her head, dismissing her thoughts about how they will continue like this for 3 more days!

The thing was, Khushi was staying at Lakshmi nagar for 3 days, as Buaji had sprained her ankle and couldn't move, while Garima and Shashi had to go down to Lucknow for Shashi's doctor's appointment which couldn't be postponed either. So, it was decided Khushi will be with buaji until then at Lakshmi nagar while Arnav will be in Shantivan so as to not crowd that small place. But when it came to their kids, they decided to let Chiku stay with Arnav and twins with Khushi as twins were too small to live without her for long, while handling all 3 of them alone would have been a task for khushi along with an injured buaji!

Today was just first day! And Arnav had already called her 5 times since he dropped her and twins at Lakshmi nagar 2 hours ago!!! First call was 'HP doesn't know how to make my coffee, tell him your recipe', second was 'Kavish wants to play for another half hour, talk to him', third call was 'where is my black track pant?', forth call was 'Nothing, just I miss you and the girls' and fifth was Kavish's shoes!!!

"Hey devi maiyya, hamari madat karna (help me)!" Khushi earnestly prayed.

--*--

Soon it was dinner time and Khushi served buaji as well as fed both the girls, who thankfully ate without much fuss. This was actually the first time for them staying at any other place than Shantivan, so Arnav and Khushi were apprehensive of their reactions. but so far, it was ok. Kavish had at least spent many summers in Lucknow as Khushi used to visit during summers before twins' birth but since last 2 years that had stopped which meant twins had always been in Raizada mansion.

And as soon as Khushi adjusted her old bed in her old room for twins to sleep, she felt extremely nostalgic! this room was very special for her, here is where she had spent many sleepless nights worrying about her future, her relationship with a certain laad governor and finally, her remarriage. This room held many memories of their love story too and she couldn't help but wish Arnav and chiku were here too.

Lost in all those thoughts, she switched on the A/C, only to realize it had not been working! There was a ceiling fan which Khushi turned on and prayed to God that her kids slept fine. Thankfully, a tired Pari immediately snuggled closer to khushi and dozed off in no time but Aru? She started wriggling unable to sleep and soon khushi realized aru's back was soaked with sweat! There was only one option left, take her back to Shantivan! Khushi looked at bedside clock which showed 10.20 pm and she called Arnav. He picked at second ring,

"Arnavji kya aap yaha aa sakte hain (can you come here)?"

"haan. Mujhe aur Kavish ko bhi tumhrae bina neend nahi aa rahi (even I and Kavish can't sleep without you)." came his cheerful voice and khushi rolled her eyes.

"offo. It's for Arohi. she is not sleeping without A/C. After all, laad governor ki beti aadhi angrez jo hai! Come here and take her there. Oh, and by the way, keep pillows around Chiku and please tell nani to stay with him until you get back." Khushi instructed, as he sighed on the other side.

"Fine! It will take me 20-25 minutes, there shouldn't be much traffic at this hour." he said picking his car keys already and going to Nani's room.

Finally, a half asleep Aru went with Arnav and khushi one again instructed him a lot, like Arnav should sleep on the corner, on the other side keep pillows and so on. And an irritated Arnav replied, they are his kids too, he will ensure they are ok.