79. NK ki shaadi - part 4

Today's shaadi parallel scene: Khushi's dance on payal-akash's cocktail party and their sangeet(Star plus hasn't uploaded arshi's Teri meri dance scene yet so I couldn't add it above. watch it on Hulu/Hotstar if you have it). In this one, Arnav intentionally doesn't invite Khushi to this party, but she comes there as NK's date. They have their nok-jhok and she manages to have the party as she wanted.

LONG chapter warning.

--*--

The day of Sangeet &Bachelor night, 1 day before wedding:

It was comparatively relaxing morning given that Sangeet was in the evening, and everyone was also tired after last night's mehendi event. So, they had decided to use this morning to rejuvenate themselves.

The Raizadas were in Nani and mama-mami's room after breakfast, going over the gifts they had brought along for NK-Jaz as well as for the Gills.

However, Pari who was with Mamiji, was restless in her lap and constantly saying one word, a new word they had never heard before!

"Moo!"

At first, Mamiji thought she meant Mano which is how the kids referred to her as Mano dadi. But then Pari was indicating towards the door and saying it again and again and started getting cranky. That pulled everyone's attention, especially Arnav-Khushi's who were engrossed in discussing something with Nani.

"Arre. Kya hua hamare bachhe ko, hmm? (what happened to my baby)?" Khushi said, coming near Mami and taking Pari in her arms.

"Moo!" She said again, hoping at least her Maa would get it. No one was understanding what she was trying to say and she started getting annoyed now.

Khushi looked thoughtful for a second and then got what her child wanted "Ok, chalo (Let's go)." she said making Pari stop fussing but everyone else confused. Except Arnav. He knew perfectly well what his daughter was asking for.

"What is she saying, bitiya?" Nani asked

"She wants us to take her to the animal shed, Naniji." Khushi replied, and then asked others to join them too.

Now as everyone gladly got up, Arnav was hesitant to join them. But when Arohi also wanted to go where her mamma and Pari went, he had to reluctantly give in...

The way to the animal shed was from outside the house as well as from kitchen's backdoor. Since, Khushi needed someone from the Gills to come with them, she went through the kitchen and one of Jaz's aunts joined them when she mentioned kids wanted to see animal shed.

As they reached the shed, they saw that cow- Bholi and her new-born calf which had attracted Pari's attention. Jaz's grandma Bebe was trying to feed something to the cow.

Raizadas including Arnav and other kids stood at a distance, but Khushi took Pari very near to Bholi before Jaz's aunt could stop them. The thing was Bholi had turned very aggressive in past week so no one except Bebe could go near her. However, when she saw Khushi and Pari, she didn't react in a hostile way making Jaz's aunt surprised.

"Aapko pata hai(You know)? Our Bholi is otherwise very friendly cow but ever since she gave birth to her first calf last week, she has refused to let anyone come near her and the calf besides Bebe. These two are the first ones she allowed to be near them."

"Kyun nahi, bitiya (Why not)? After all, a mother identifies another mother and child and knows they would never harm her or her child in anyway." Nani said smilingly.

Meanwhile, Pari who was watching Bholi and her calf very closely delighted in the calf's cute antics. Given he was very young, he wasn't able to stand properly yet. But he would try every now n then and then fall back on Bholi's protective body. And then Bholi would lick him as a reward of his try!