34💙

As Ella stands at the edge of the enchanted forest, her heart races with anticipation and fear. Her eyes are fixed on the forest's opening, praying fervently for the safe return of her children. Every time a student emerges, she hopes it is one of her own. Each time, she is met with disappointment as unfamiliar faces pass by.

The first few students appear, their hatchlings chirping and fluttering in their arms, and a wave of relief washes over the crowd. Yet, Ella's heart sinks further with every passing moment as she scans for her children, her anxiety mounting with each step that brings no sight of them.

Harry, standing with Louis far away from Ella, tries to conceal his fear. As each student emerges and the hope of seeing their children dwindles, his grip tightens, reflecting the growing dread within him.

When the final student exits and the doors to the enchanted forest close with an echoing thud, the realization hits Ella like a physical blow. Her knees weaken, and she collapses to the ground, her tears falling freely. The air is thick with the sounds of parents' cries, each one a poignant reminder of the children who did not return.

Ella's sobs are heart-wrenching, her hopes shattered with the closing of the forest doors. "My children," she whispers through her tears.

Kasumi walks over to where Ella is kneeling and looks her up and down. Her black hair is perfectly styled, and her red lips are set in a sneer. Hatred burns in her eyes as she glances at Harry standing in the distance.

"Don't you think this is all your fault?" Kasumi spits venomously. "You killed your own children. I warned everyone about you, but no one listened. Your blood is to blame. You're nothing but low-caste scum, a disgrace to us all. Look at the ruin you've caused. You're poison, and everyone you touch suffers. I wish you had never come into our lives. Look what you've done, Ella. You've destroyed everything."

Harry stands still, showing no emotion. The air around him is so cold it's hard to breathe. The Headmaster approaches Harry hesitantly and says, "My king, it's time to welcome the new riders."

Harry motions for Azriel to follow him. The red dragon towers over the king, its presence formidable and fearsome. No wonder it was the strongest dragon ever born; its blood was potent, and its demeanor magnificently vicious. Harry addresses the new riders, his voice calm yet commanding:

"Welcome, brave riders. Today marks the beginning of your journey with your destined dragons. Each of you has shown great courage and skill to reach this moment. Now, the ancient bond between rider and dragon will be forged. Trust in your dragon, and they will trust in you. Together, you will achieve greatness."

As the Headmaster approaches, everyone holds their breath. They are waiting for the legendary warrior book to appear. The dragon will soon give the sign, marking the final step in the choosing ceremony. This moment will show that the dragon is ready for its rider. The chosen riders will stand before the oldest dragon, and the warrior book will appear, inscribing their names within its ancient pages to complete the bond.

************************

**********

After the boys saved the dragons, all hell broke loose. Chaos erupted around them, and they began to hear the dragons' voices in their heads-screams and echoes that felt like the world was collapsing. Y/N, unsure of what to do, watched as the seven of them climbed onto their dragons' backs.

A black shadow appeared, swirling and transforming into a constellation of stars on the back of the largest black dragon. The dragon looked back and nodded, its eyes glowing with a knowing intensity.