15🤎

HARRY POV :

It's not like he never killed anyone, but he is gentle. Sometimes we do things because we have to, not because we have a choice. He is from the Hayashi family, renowned for their unique crystal powers. His father was my father's first in command and a formidable warrior. Louis possesses the same gift, but he is even more powerful than his father. He will never expect that, the humble idiot he is. But he is far less ruthless. We grew up together.

But now, the stakes are higher than ever. The people we are up against have committed atrocities that would make your blood run cold.

The memories of our childhood flash before my eyes—the Choosing Ceremony where Louis and I both found our destined companions. I bonded with Azriel, and he with Tyson, the strongest in their respective groups. That day, we solidified our bond, pledging to train together, fight together, and protect our realm.

I was beyond happy when he was chosen to be my first in command. He never wanted to participate in the politics of running a realm, but he did it for me. And I am so glad he did. God, I am so glad he did, or I would lose my mind.

"You don't know them, Louis. They did more horrible things than you can imagine," I say, my voice tinged with a mixture of frustration and fear. It wasn't a shock for me. I know Leo will do anything to find Emma and Y/N, but to what extent, I do not know.

"Louis, these people... they're beyond anything we've ever faced. Leo will stop at nothing."

But now, the stakes are higher than ever. The people we are up against have committed atrocities that would make anyone's blood run cold.

No one can go there or come out, so there wasn't much information about what is happening there," Louis adds.

"Do you have any other information?"

"The dragon," Louis mentions.

"What about the dragon?" I ask.

"It wasn't any regular dragon. It's unique. No one has figured out where it came from. The Dragon Masters are trying to investigate," Louis explains.

"Did they find out anything about where it came from?" I inquire.

"No, it's like the dragon doesn't have a mind. It doesn't feel anything—no pain, no happiness. Nothing. No one can get near it. Its eyes are lifeless," Louis says, pouring himself a glass of wine.

"When did you start drinking during the day?" I ask, feeling intimidated by his glare.

"It's been a long week," Louis replies.

Dragon eyes are sensitive; they hold emotions. If you look carefully, you can tell a lot from them. This dragon's eyes are lifeless, and I don't know how to deal with it.

"Let's go there. I want to see it myself," I decide.

The dungeon is an underground prison—the most powerful and secure one. It has many guards and warriors, with specific magical spells cast to hold them there. Shadowy cells, stone walls, filthy straw scattered across the floor, chains fixed to walls with spells to hold prisoners, flickering torchlight from torches in iron sconces, strong iron bars, roaches, and oily moisture make it feel suffocating. No matter how many times I come here, it feels unnatural. You can hear moaning, bones and skulls heaped in a corner, along with angry screaming.

We arrive in front of the dragon's cell. The guard bows his head and opens the cell door. We descend the stairs. The dragon is chained and growling loudly. Warriors hold it with their power, staying far away from it.

I stare at the dragon for a long time, observing. The food is there, untouched. It isn't starving, but it hasn't eaten. Its eyes are different. I step closer, and Louis pulls my hand.

"I'm fine," I assure him. The dragon growls loudly. The dark room isn't helping the situation.

I close my eyes and relax my shoulders. I call upon my gift, and the room starts glowing. Crystals emerge from the walls.

I take a step closer to the dragon. Its eyes are fixed on me, pure black with nothing in them. Louis comes closer.

 Louis comes closer

"Did you want my help" my dragon linked me.

"you are up. Took you a long time," I asked him. He didn't want to deal with my parents so he was sleeping. And he was ignoring me for a long time.

"I don't feel good about this," Short answered. Ok fine but I tried to ask him but as expected he ignored me. But I can feel him close to my mind and wide awake.

I took a step closer to the dragon, and his eyes were fixed on me. I snapped my fingers, and crystals began growing more on the roof, illuminating the room better.

His eyes are pure black, completely void of emotion or life. Louis stepped closer to me, standing protectively. Maybe he sensed it too.

"How can his eyes be pure black? It's not a good sign."

"You can't control a dragon's mind if you are not his bond, and he is not dead," I said, looking back at Louis.

"We are not sure about that. Harry, let's go for now. My dragon is acting strange."

Suddenly, we heard a very loud growl, and then a snap. The black dragon tried to break his chain, roaring ferociously. Black smoke surrounded us, obscuring our vision. We couldn't figure out what was happening. And then we heard another snap.

Azriel appeared, growling loudly as he covered my body protectively. He is out now. Damn it.

--------------------------------------

Thanks for reading,😇😇

Pls vote and comment