34. Twists and Turns

It was race day, and even though the night before they had slept quite late, Olivia still woke up feeling rested and happy. She woke up as the sun was rising, wanting to go up to the roof that morning. 

"It's still raining" said Max calmly looking out the window. The rain had slowed down now and it had turned into a light drizzle, still the clouds covered most of the sunrise and they were only able to see vague shades of orange through some of the blank spots not covered by clouds. Instead of going up to the rood though, they stayed in bed and watched the sunrise from the warmth of their room, not wanting to be swallowed by the cold drizzle. 

Olivia left earlier than Max that day, knowing she was going to be rushing the entire day to get more photographs of Lewis and George at their home grand prix.

"I'm leaving now love" she said as she walked to Max and gave him a quick kiss.

"I love you" he said to her before taking another sip of his green juice. He said it casually, like he did everyday knowing they would embrace each other again that night. She smiled at him, like a reflex every time she heard those words come out of his mouth.

"Love you too" she called out with a smile as she grabbed her things and walked out the door. 

--------------------- 

"Do you think Toto will promote me to motivational speaker one day?" asked Liv as she sat in Lewis' driver room before the race. He had been so determined in winning that he had actually killed it in qualifying, and was starting P2 behind Max in P1. 

Lewis laughed "I don't know but he should at least give you a bonus check or something".

"Yeah well if you win I'll ask for one for sure" she chuckled "How are you feeling?".

"I'm ready" Lewis nodded as the smile faded from his face, this was a face of determination, of endurance and dedication "I will win".

"Hell yeah" said Liv excited standing up "If anyone can stop my boyfriend it's the seven time world-champion Lew Lew!" she said shaking his shoulders. 

It made him laugh again "Least menacing name in the world" he joked.

Olivia wanted to go into the Red Bull garage before the race started but she simply couldn't, there was way too much work for the British Grand Prix. As the cars left the garage and she finished taking the last few pictures, she headed over to watch the race along with Lewis' father. 

"He's winning today Anthony" smiled Liv.

"With that Red Bull in front of him? I believe my son but let's see what he can do" he smiled back at Liv.

---------------------

It's lights out and away we go!

The track was slightly wet from the drizzle that had fallen throughout the whole morning, but it was good enough for racing. Lewis had a great start and immediately took the lead of the race from Max, who was chasing after him like a lion to his prey. Behind them was Oscar defending from Charles in the Ferrari. However by the third corner Max was already overtaking Lewis. They were battling viciously as the crowd went crazy. This were the critical corners to overtake before they headed over to the long straights. 

Max retained the lead but Lewis was close behind him, looking for the best moment to overtake. As they headed into Copse Corner he tried again, driving through the inside line. Max tried to block him but it was too late, the track was too slippery and Lewis was already on the inside. Max's car ricocheted from Lewis' and there was a cloud of dirt covering most of the horrible accident. Olivia could barely see through the dirt flying in the air as Max's car was thrown to the side with the momentum of the violent crash. His right rear tyre had completely popped off, his car was spinning as it flipped over and over on the ground, pieces of the RB19 flying everywhere, only to end up crashing against the barrier with incredible speed and force.