6. Truth be Told

Olivia arrived to Lewis' empty apartment by the lake that afternoon. She picked up Roscoe from the dog hotel where he had been staying and brought him back with her. Then she calmly resumed the routine she had created the week before. She watched a movie and fell asleep on the couch with Roscoe next to her, they went out for a quick walk and then had dinner. 

"How did it go?" asked Lewis while they were on a video call during diner.

"Oh it went" said Olivia as she took a spoonful of yoghurt. Then she continued to tell him every detail about her trip. 

"Holly shit" Lewis was impressed "Max is a genius Liv".

Liv laughed "he might just be" she shook her head "but it definitely blew up on his face a bit. I was pretty pissed at him".

"So you didn't tell him about the pregnancy?" he asked.

"No, I thought about it. When I was throwing up and he was helping me, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I just kept thinking this is not they way it's supposed to happen. With me laying on the floor next to the toilet and us in a fight you know?".

Lewis seemed unconvinced "To be honest I think the longer it takes for you to tell him the harder it's gonna get. I also think you promised to call Checo and it sounds like you haven't".

"Shit" she remembered with a pained face "I swear I honestly forgot. So much shit has been going on".

"Then call him right now. Don't let me keep you" Lewis smiled.

Olivia rolled her eyes with a smile "Fine, I'll do it. I'll talk to you later Lew, have fun with your family".

"Are you sure you don't want to join us?" he asked.

"I'm sure, imagine going skiing and not being able to ski because you're afraid of falling with your baby on your belly. It sounds like the worst ski trip ever" she said.

Lewis chuckled "Well if you change your mind we'll be here".

After hanging up with Lewis, Olivia didn't even bother checking her messages with Checo, she went straight for the video call. 

He answered immediately. Olivia was dreading this conversation "Chequito?".

"Liv! Finally" he appeared on the screen, his smile as bright as ever. It brought a smile to Olivia's face too.

"Liv! Oh my god we're going to kill you" said Carola as she appeared next to Checo on the screen. 

"I'm so sorry guys! I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was just.. my mind was a mess. I needed to get away" said Liv truly feeling sorry.

"Yeah we know!" said Carola.

"Max told us what happened with Ashley" clarified Checo.

Olivia was taken aback "He did?!" she asked incredulous.

"He did, but seriously Liv next time if you plan on disappearing at least give us a heads up. At least I'm glad you were with Lewis, he would sometimes give me updates or send me photos" chuckled Checo "but not very often so still, it would be good to know you are okay".

A smile appeared on Liv's face "Of course, I promise this won't happen again. Not like this" it was true. Now that she was going to have a baby her days of running away were over. 

"That's all we need" smiled Checo.

"So tell us everything. What are you doing in London?" asked Carola.

"How did you two know I was in London?" she asked impressed with a laugh.

"Max told us" said Checo "Wait so you're not in London anymore? Is Max with you?" asked Checo.