29. Gear Shift

Even though she arrived to her apartment quite late, and she had texted Max but obviously he hadn't texted her back, she was still able to sleep a somehow descent amount of hours before she woke up in the morning. The cats were still curled up against her, having slept in the bed since she didn't want to sleep alone. 

She rushed to the shower, put on some jeans, black combat boots she almost never wore, one of Max's black t-shirts, and a matching jean jacket. She fed the cats, made herself some coffee, and wrote down a note for Max that said.

'I'll be with Lewis, I love you and I promise to wear a helmet - .O.P'

'p.s. the cats already had breakfast'

Even though it was way earlier than their agreed time, it was only 8:20 am, she left before Max had a chance to get home and stop her. She walked calmly as she drank her coffee while she strolled through the streets. She didn't worry about being early to Lewis', she knew he'd be awake anyway. When she finally arrived to his building they let her up, and when he opened his door he did look slightly surprised to see her there.

"Hey Lew" she smiled at him "Sorry I'm early".

"Hey, no worries come on in" said Lewis letting her in "I was just having breakfast, do you want any?"

"Sure" said Liv "I only had some coffee".

"So why are you so early?" he asked as they walked to the kitchen.

"Oh I'm hiding from Max until I learn how to ride a motorcycle, he doesn't exactly approve" she said cautiously.

Lewis shook his head "I'm not gonna lie I was a bit hesitant at first too" he said "But I thought I rather teach you myself instead of you trying to ride one for yourself later on" he shrugged.

A smile appeared on Liv's face "Exactly, see? You get it" she said jokingly.

Lewis chuckled as he served her some avocado toast with roasted tomatoes and chili flakes.

After they had finished their breakfast Lewis showered and Liv watched a movie on the TV while she scratched behind Roscoe's ears on the couch. Once Lewis was ready he walked into the living room "okay let's go" he said with two helmets, one in each hand. 

They went down to the garage, where Lewis' impressive collection of cars was found, all parked together next to each other. There were a few motorcycles all grouped together too, however Lewis went straight for the Ducati. 

As they reached it he handed a helmet to Liv "Put this on Liv" he said.

"Oh we are doing this, okay" she said excited taking the helmet and putting it on. She immediately walked next to the bike and got on. 

Lewis started laughing "Did you think I was just going to let you ride just like that?" he said incredulous.

"What?" she said indignantly as she put on the helmet while she was already on the bike.

Lewis continued to laugh and shook his head in disbelief "Scoot over, I'm taking you to the outskirts of the city, so you cannot crash into a car or a building" he said "We you can just drive around freely".

Liv shook her head and scooted back on the seat "Alright that sounds like a good idea I guess".

Lewis got on top of the bike, still chuckling and put on his helmet. "Hold on" he said as he started the engine. Liv heard the loud roar of the bike and immediately placed her arms around Lewis' torso, holding on tightly, and off they went.

After about half an hour driving to the outskirts of Monte-Carlo and right in the middle of nowhere, they found wide open fields and empty roads. It was perfect, so their lessons began.