Chapter thirty-nine

Chapter thirty-nine

Aarohi Verma

How does it feel when you are deep down into the ocean and the person at the surface, whom you trust the most is the one responsible for your drowning? Terrifying right? That's what it feels like when you get your trust broken who knew everything about your past and insecurities. It was like I knew about someone and I still believed that he could change for me. Such a fool that person is right? 

A person breaks your trust and then believes to come and apologize and everything goes back to normal. Is that how everything is gone back to normal? Isn't it terrifying to trust someone with your insecurities? Who the fuck even is that fool who will trust a person who doesn't believed in love at first and then that person will come and say that suddenly they are in love with you and then you will believe them and that's it? 

They will break your trust and you can't even say anything. Why? Because it was your decision to trust that person. It was you who decided to place your trust in someone's hand, who is not worthy of it.

Unluckily, that fool is me.

I was crying in my room when someone called me from behind "Aaru..."

I turned around with my eyes brimming with fresh, hot tears which promised me to not stop today even for a second.

"I was calling you since the past ten minutes" she said with a worried look on her face.

I didn't even realize there was someone with me this entire time I was in my thoughts. But I just couldn't care anymore.

I was shaking by now, my lips were quivering and fresh tears were replacing the old ones. My fingers were not steady anymore, my legs were shaking as if I will fall anytime soon and no one will be there to hold me.

I looked at Vaishnavi and said in mere audible tone "He did break my heart" and I broke into fresh tears. She was the one who told me that he might not break my heart. Though it's not her fault.

She took few steps towards me and held my arm and she almost whispered "I'm so sorry Aaru." And when I looked up at her I saw her eyes filling up with tears too. We always feel each other's emotions no matter what. And that's what makes our friendship stronger and stronger.

She took me in her embrace and I broke into another cry. My heart was feeling heavy, heavy with broken strings. I had no idea what do I do with those loose strings? How do I deal with it? How the fuck do I survive with it?

I was crying like a child who just fell down and got hurt badly. Well I was hurt, not physical ones but the one which hurts you emotionally. And that emotional ones sometimes hurt you physically too that is unbearable. My chest was in pain; fuck, my entire body was in pain.

She patted my arms and back and when my body couldn't take any more pain I fell on my knees. She fell along with me not leaving me even for a moment. She tightened her grip around me and I leaned against her, because by now I couldn't feel anything anymore.

I cried resting my head on her chest and we stayed in that position for around... I don't even know that. I lost track of time.

After a long while, when my tears dried up like the rivers dry up in hot summer and there are only cracked land just like my heart. I separated myself from her and looked at her.

"He promised me that he will never hurt me, but he did. He broke my heart mercilessly. I don't understand what he wants. At first he hated me then suddenly he loved me, he said he wants me but now he hurt me. I don't understand why he did that. He fucking knew about my insecurities and he still chose to break my heart Vaishu. I can't bear the pain anymore. I fucking can't." I said while Vaishnavi stroked his thumb over my cheeks to wipe my tears.