62

Amara's POV

Back at Hakeem's place, Amara insisted on taking care of him

Back at Hakeem's place, Amara insisted on taking care of him. They moved to the bathroom, where Amara gathered supplies to clean his wounds. Hakeem sat on the edge of the tub, wincing slightly as he removed his shirt, revealing the bruises and cuts from the fight.

"Sit still, tough guy," Amara said softly, her eyes filled with a mix of worry and tenderness. She gently dabbed a cloth with antiseptic, starting with a nasty cut on his cheek.

Hakeem hissed at the sting but managed a grin. "You're the boss, nurse."

"Yeah, and don't you forget it," she replied, carefully cleaning the wound. "You really gave it to Jabari, huh?"

"He had it coming," Hakeem muttered, wincing as Amara moved to a bruise on his ribs. "But I wasn't expecting them to jump me like that."

Amara's touch was gentle, but her expression was firm. "You handled it, though. You and the guys did what needed to be done."

She applied some ointment to his cuts and bandaged the worst of them, her movements precise and efficient. "You're lucky it wasn't worse," she said, her voice tinged with relief.

Hakeem watched her, appreciating her care. "I'm good 'cause I got you," he said, his tone sincere.

Amara smiled, her eyes softening. "You better believe it. But seriously, you need to be careful. Can't have you getting beat up every time Jabari gets a bug up his butt."

Hakeem chuckled, then winced at the pain. "I'll try to keep it to a minimum."

She finished bandaging him up and stepped back, admiring her work. "There. Good as new, almost. Just take it easy for a while."

"Yes, ma'am," Hakeem said, pulling her into a gentle hug. "Thanks for patching me up."

Amara hugged him back, her worry easing as she felt his strength. "Anytime, Hakeem. You know I got you."

He pulled back slightly to look at her, his expression serious. "I know. And I got you too, always."

She leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to his lips. "Let's get you to bed. You need rest."

As they made their way to his bedroom, Amara couldn't help but feel a deep sense of gratitude. Despite the chaos of the day, they were stronger than ever. Hakeem settled into bed, and Amara climbed in beside him, wrapping her arms around him gently.

"Night, tough guy," she whispered, her voice full of affection.

"Night, babe," Hakeem replied, his eyes closing as he drifted off to sleep, comforted by her presence.

Amara stayed awake a bit longer, watching over him, her heart full. She knew they could face anything as long as they had each other.