80

Hakeem's POV

Later that day, Hakeem returned to Amara's place to update her on his conversation with Elijah

Later that day, Hakeem returned to Amara's place to update her on his conversation with Elijah. He knocked on the door, and Amara opened it, smiling warmly.

"Hey, Papa," she greeted, letting him in.

"Hey, Mama," Hakeem replied, giving her a quick kiss. "I talked to Elijah."

Amara's eyes lit up with interest. "How did it go?"

"Pretty well, actually," Hakeem said, sitting down on the couch with her. "He admitted that things have been rough between him and Jhene, and he seemed open to the idea of the double date."

"That's great to hear," Amara said, relieved. "I really hope this helps them."

"I think it will," Hakeem agreed. "Elijah seemed hopeful, and I told him we'd be there to support them. Sometimes, knowing you're not alone makes all the difference."

Amara nodded, leaning into Hakeem. "I'm glad you talked to him. It sounds like he needed to hear that."

"Yeah, he did," Hakeem said, wrapping an arm around her. "And I'm glad we can be there for them. We're stronger together, and they need to see that."

"Absolutely," Amara said, resting her head on his shoulder. "We're a team, and we'll help them through this."

As they sat together, the sense of unity and purpose grew stronger. They both knew that supporting their loved ones was a crucial part of their relationship, and they were ready to face any challenges together. With the weekend plans set and their hearts in the right place, they felt confident that Elijah and Jhene would find their way through this rough patch, just as they had with their own struggles.

"Hey, have you talked to Jhene about the beach yet?" Hakeem asked, glancing at Amara.

"Not yet, but I'll call her tonight," Amara said. "I want to make sure she's on board and knows we're here for her."

"Good idea," Hakeem said, giving her a reassuring squeeze. "We'll make sure they're both ready for this."

As the evening wore on, they continued to discuss their plans and share their thoughts, solidifying their commitment to helping Jhene and Elijah. The path ahead might not be easy, but with love, communication, and teamwork, they were confident they could help their siblings find their way back to each other.