89

Amara's POV

Amara had put off telling Hakeem for as long as she could

Amara had put off telling Hakeem for as long as she could. She needed to gather her thoughts and find the right moment. Finally, she decided it was time to talk to him. She asked Hakeem to come over to her place for a serious conversation, hoping that in person, she could convey the gravity of the situation.

When Hakeem arrived, Amara greeted him with a nervous but determined smile. "Hey, Hakeem. Thanks for coming over."

"Of course," Hakeem said, stepping inside and noticing the tension in her demeanor. "What's up?"

They sat down on the couch, and Amara took a deep breath, her heart pounding. "There's something important I need to tell you."

Hakeem looked at her with concern. "You're scaring me a bit. What's going on?"

Amara struggled to find the right words. "So, remember that night we spent together? I've... I've found out that I'm pregnant."

The room fell silent as Hakeem processed the news. His face went through a range of emotions—shock, confusion, and concern. "Pregnant? Are you sure?"

Amara nodded, tears welling up in her eyes. "I took a test, and it's positive. I told my family, and they're supportive, but... I didn't know how to tell you."

Hakeem's expression softened as he saw the tears rolling down her cheeks. "Amara, I had no idea. This is a lot to take in."

"I know," Amara said, her voice trembling. "I didn't know how to say it. I'm scared, and I don't know what to do next. I need your support, Hakeem."

Her tears flowed freely now, and Hakeem reached out, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Hey, hey, it's okay. We'll figure this out together."

Amara looked up at him, her eyes red and puffy. "I just didn't want to face this alone. I know it's a big deal, and I'm trying to make the best of it."

Hakeem nodded, taking a deep breath. "We'll take it one step at a time. I want to be here for you, and for the baby. We'll figure out everything together."

Amara's heart ached with relief and exhaustion. "Thank you. I know it won't be easy, but I'm glad you're willing to be a part of this."

Hakeem pulled her into a hug, holding her tightly. "You're not alone in this. We'll work through it, and we'll make sure this baby has a loving family."

As they held each other, the weight of the situation began to feel a bit lighter. Amara knew there were many challenges ahead, but with Hakeem by her side, she felt a renewed sense of hope.

After a while, they broke the hug, and Amara wiped her tears. "Let's talk about what comes next. We need to plan and figure out how we're going to handle everything."

Hakeem nodded. "Yes, let's do that. We'll make a plan and take things step by step."

As they began to discuss their next steps, Amara felt a glimmer of optimism. The road ahead would be tough, but with support from Hakeem, her family, and her own determination, she felt ready to face whatever came their way.