40

Hakeem's POV

Hakeem was eager to share the news about his relationship with Amara with his brothers Ekon, Aaron, and Elijah, as well as his friends KJ, J, and D3

Hakeem was eager to share the news about his relationship with Amara with his brothers Ekon, Aaron, and Elijah, as well as his friends KJ, J, and D3. He knew they would tease him mercilessly but ultimately be supportive, just as they had always been.

One evening, he invited them over to his place, planning to break the news over a friendly game of basketball and some pizza. As they shot hoops in the backyard, the banter flowed easily among them.

"Yo, Hakeem, you've been acting different lately. What's up?" Ekon teased, dribbling the ball.

Aaron nodded in agreement, a smirk on his face. "Yeah, spill it, bro. Got a new crush?"

Hakeem chuckled, dribbling the ball back. "Actually, it's more than that. Amara and I are official now."

The reactions were immediate. Ekon dropped the ball he was holding, his jaw hanging open in mock disbelief. "No way! Hakeem's off the market, y'all!"

Aaron laughed, nudging Elijah. "Told you he had something big to share. Congrats, bro!"

Elijah clapped Hakeem on the shoulder. "That's awesome, man. Amara's cool. How'd it happen?"

Hakeem recounted the picnic in the park, how he had set up the surprise and asked Amara to be his girlfriend. KJ, J, and D3, who had been lounging nearby, joined the conversation, their interest piqued.

KJ shook his head, grinning. "Man, Hakeem, you really out here making moves. Amara must be special."

J laughed, tossing a basketball into the hoop. "For real, though. You serious about this?"

Hakeem nodded, his expression serious yet filled with happiness. "Yeah, I am. Amara and Namiko mean a lot to me, guys. I'm ready for this."

D3 leaned back, crossing his arms. "Respect, bro. You know we got your back. Just don't forget about us when you're all boo'd up."

Aaron slapped Hakeem on the back, grinning. "Yeah, man. Don't let her take you away from the squad."

Hakeem grinned back, feeling a surge of gratitude for his friends' support. "Nah, y'all know I won't. Thanks, guys. Means a lot."

As they continued their game, the atmosphere was lighter, filled with camaraderie and friendly teasing. Hakeem knew he was lucky to have friends who celebrated his happiness and stood by him through thick and thin. With their encouragement, he looked forward to the future he was building with Amara, knowing he had their unwavering support every step of the way.