100

Hakeem's POV

As Hakeem and Amara drove away from his parents' house, the silence in the car was heavy

As Hakeem and Amara drove away from his parents' house, the silence in the car was heavy. The sting of the uncomfortable encounter still lingered, and Amara's eyes were red from trying to hold back her tears. Hakeem could see the hurt in her expression and knew he needed to be there for her, especially after the way his parents had treated her.

He pulled into the driveway of their home and turned off the engine, glancing over at Amara. "Let's get inside and talk," he said gently.

Amara nodded silently, her gaze fixed on her lap as they got out of the car and walked into the house. Hakeem held the door open for her, and they entered, the familiar comfort of their home offering a stark contrast to the tension they had just left behind.

Once inside, Hakeem guided Amara to the living room, where he motioned for her to sit on the couch. He sat beside her, taking her hand in his. "I'm so sorry about what happened today," he said softly, his voice filled with empathy. "I wish things had gone differently."

Amara looked up, her eyes brimming with tears. "I just felt like I was being judged the entire time. I wanted to make a good impression, but it felt like nothing I said was enough."

Hakeem gently squeezed her hand. "You didn't do anything wrong. My parents can be... difficult. It's not a reflection of you or how much I care about you."

Amara wiped her eyes and took a shaky breath. "I know you're trying to do the right thing by including them, but it was really hard. I felt like they weren't giving us a chance."

Hakeem's heart ached seeing her so upset. "I know. It's not fair, and I hate that you had to go through that. I'm really sorry. I want you to know that I'm here for you, no matter what."

Amara leaned into him, seeking comfort. "Thank you. It means a lot to me that you're standing by me. I just wish things could have been different."

Hakeem wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. "We'll get through this. We're a team, and we'll face these challenges together. I want you to focus on the positive—on us and our baby. We have so much to look forward to."

Amara rested her head on his shoulder, finding solace in his embrace. "I'm trying to stay positive. It's just hard when it feels like we're not being accepted."

Hakeem gently stroked her hair, his voice soothing. "I understand. It's tough dealing with their disapproval, but remember that we have each other. And we're building something beautiful with our baby. That's what matters most."

Amara nodded, her breathing starting to steady. "You're right. We have each other and our little one on the way. That's what's important."

Hakeem kissed the top of her head. "Exactly. We're going to make an amazing family. And no matter what anyone else thinks, we know our love and commitment to each other are real."

They sat together in the quiet of the living room, the warmth of their shared embrace offering a comforting respite from the day's difficulties. Hakeem and Amara took solace in each other, finding strength and reassurance in their bond.

As the evening wore on, they talked about their plans for the future and their hopes for their son. The conversation helped them refocus on their shared vision and the joy that awaited them. Despite the challenges they faced, Hakeem and Amara knew that their love and determination would guide them through.

Together, they embraced the promise of their growing family, finding comfort in the knowledge that they would face the future side by side, no matter what obstacles might come their way.