CH- 17 Sensational news

This chapter's content matured scenes like physical and emotional abuse. 

After finishing their tour of the school and familiarising themselves with the school environment, the trio lay on the green grass field, looking up at the sky and relaxing.

"Don, did you know about this school beforehand? Is that why you chose it?" Kai was anxious to know the answer after seeing how the students from the middle class and lower-class status were treated there.

"I didn't know. Dad recommended this place."

Logan, usually quiet, spoke up. "Maybe it's destiny. Let's stay out of it. It's none of our business what happens here, or we might end up sending more 'luggage' to South America." They laughed in unison.

After a while, dark clouds started to take over the clear sky. Seeing the clouds forming, Logan and Kai headed to the spectator seats for shelter. But Donovan stayed put. His heart still burned with memories of his past in France. He yearned for the cold rain to fall over his whole body and ease his pain. He lay there with open arms, ready to embrace the rain and the comfort it offered.

*****

Back behind the school building, Kevin knelt in front of Liora and placed her injured leg on his thigh. She was taken aback and started to lose her balance, while another guy Hanuel, stood behind her, holding her waist to steady her.

"Looks like you've sprained your ankle," Kevin looked at his friends and laughed.

He gingerly traced the curves of her foot with his fingers, making her feel thousands of spiders crawling over her skin. 'What kind of bullying is this?' She thought.

He intentionally pressed hard on her injured ankle, Liora let out a scream, but the guy behind quickly placed his hand over her mouth, blocking her voice.

Liora's heart started to beat fast. She did not fully understand the situation she was in. But whatever it was, it was not good; she could feel it in her bones.

She remembered Officer Park's conversation, and the word 'run' started to echo in her mind.

Heavy drops of rain started pouring over them. Along with others, Liora was now completely soaked, her white shirt clinging to her skin even more, revealing the light shade of pink bra she had worn underneath it.

For a moment, the guys' attention diverted to her shirt. Liora summoned her remaining strength for the sake of her dignity. She pushed the kneeling guy away with her injured leg, sending him stumbling back. With a forceful shove, she pushed the guy behind her and broke into a run. The third guy tried to stop her, but in that struggle, Liora's shirt got torn from one side. Yet she did not stop. She ran barefoot as if she was chased by a tiger.

"Is this what hunting feels like?" Ronnie said excitedly, his eyes fixed on Liora.

"Man, she's out of this world. I couldn't take my eyes off her. Her face, her figure, how come we missed this?" Said Andreas with an indecent grin on his face.

"Let's take her to my family's wooden cabin. What do you say, guys?" Hanuel suggested, a sly grin spreading across his face.

"She is quite a runner," Kevin remarked, and they took off after her.

Liora glanced back while running, her heart pounding in her chest. She could not fathom what they wanted from her, that they were running after her in this heavy rain. Why?

'Are they enjoying making me run with my injured leg? Is this why they are chasing me?' Liora again looked back at them.

"Beasts!" She muttered disgustingly in a low tone.