Ch -41 - It's not what it looks like

LIORA POV:

The pathway where Sven was guiding a student through the serene area at the university is like a cross road.

On one side, the path lead to different academic buildings filled with students eager to learn.

And if you veer off in the opposite direction, you're met with the aromatic wafts of freshly brewed coffee and the cheerful chatter of students in the nearby café and cafeteria.

As you walk along, a quiet stream runs beside you, with clear water reflecting sunlight through the trees.

The leaves rustling softly in the breeze, providing a calm sanctuary from the sweltering heat. This place was where many students sought shade, relaxation, studying, or even couples craving privacy.

On your left, benches were placed strategically under the tall trees. You are invited to pause, take a seat, take quick nap.

I stumbled and fell upon someone—someone with a physique like a rock yet it was comforting and warm.

It reminded me of Nova, but why?

Instead of looking at the person I had fallen upon, I looked in Sven's direction and saw him staring in my direction, drawn by the commotion.

My body reacted before my brain could catch up. I quickly dropped my head back onto the stone and warm chest beneath me. All I knew was I couldn't blow my cover and alert that snake.

The person I fell on poked me on my arm. "Uh.. Ms..."

That deep, sexy voice. Why does it sound familiar?

"Ms." This time, the voice was more decisive.

I know that voice. No, no, no, no, don't tell me... it can't be. Please, God, don't let it be. I was almost on the verge of crying.

He sat up, holding me carefully while my forehead still rested on his chest, hiding my face. His strong arms held my both arms, and I knew what he was going to do.

I know it was Nova. I just knew it was Psycho Bear!

He tried to push me away from him just like on that rainy day on the ground of our school. Luckily, he was wearing a shirt. I gripped his shirt between two buttons in my palm, feeling the soft fabric under my fingers.

Many times in my head, I had planned this: if he ever tried to push me away any time in the future, I would hold his shirt to threaten him to tear it off.

Now, don't ask me why I would give such a random thing so much thought because I just did!

"It won't do any good to you if you push me away," I said, slowly looking up at him.

But then, I was caught in his deep grey, mysterious eyes, just like it had happened on the bus. Everything felt like Deja Vu, as if someone had replayed the drama of my life.

The soft sunlight coming through the leaves softly lit up his face with playful shadows, highlighting his striking features.

I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. 'Why do his eyes pull me towards them? Why do they want me to immerse myself in them? What's wrong with his eyes? Oh his damn eyes!'

I immediately covered his eyes with both my palms, unable to bear his intense gaze on me. If he had kept staring at me like that, I might have melted right then and there, smoother than butter.

"You can thank me later," I said tremblingly.

I looked at Kai and Logan, who were sitting a little bit far from him. They looked at me as if they were seeing a ghost- eyes wide, pale face, and mouths agape.