CH-59- Forbidden Invitation

Liora had gone through two heavy brochures, carefully noting down the equipment she thought might be helpful, along with their prices, in her notebook.

When she didn't understand something, she'd quickly Google it. She was determined and focused on the job at hand. Time had slipped by, and it was already lunchtime.

Meanwhile, back at the campus, Sia sent a message to check on her, only to receive Liora's brief, somewhat dismissive reply:

"I need to buy something. Don't worry; it's all good."

Sia felt frustrated. 'Here I am, worried sick about her, and she just runs off like that.' She sighed, trying to not lose her cool. Maybe Liora just needed some time with herself given yesterday's disturbing events, she thought and hoped Liora would be safe and come back soon.

She turned her head and noticed Kai talking with his classmates. A small smile made its way on her lips. She quickly made her way over to him.

Not caring about the surroundings, Sia spoke, "Kai, Liora ran off after the first class without even saying where she was going. You know none of us slept the whole night. How can she just leave like that?" Sia looked concerned as she launched a passionate rant about Liora's reckless actions.

"What if something happens to her?" Sia's voice trembled with emotion.

Kai was surprised to see her approach him like that when he was with his friends but it did not upset him at all. He took her hand gently and began walking hand in hand, leaving his other friends behind.

Sia was so consumed with her thoughts that she did not think too much about his actions and continued with her rant. "Yesterday, I realised Liora was going through so much, and what could I do? Nothing, I just stayed beside her like a useless statue. I could not even help her or say the right words to make her feel better." Without disturbing Sia, Kai listened quietly.

Sia continued to voice her concerns, her words spilling out as if trying to empty herself of all the fear she had bottled up. They eventually arrived at the food street located just outside the campus.

"And on top of that, she didn't even tell me her full name. Yesterday, I found out her name was Liora." Sia relayed every detail of her frustrations.

Kai pulled out a chair for her, guiding her to sit comfortably. Then, he took a seat opposite her, still quietly attentive.

He ordered vegetarian food for both of them, knowing Sia came from a strict vegetarian family. It was a small gesture from Kai's side, though Sia did not mind anyone else eating non-veg.

As Sia continued talking, the waiter brought them warm food. But mid-conversation, her voice broke, and tears welled up in her eyes. "I was so scared for Liora." The sentence ended up in a pained whisper as she looked at her hands that remained in her lap.

Kai immediately handed her a glass of water. "Here, drink this," he said softly.

Sia took the water, sipping it as she tried to regain her composure. As she calmed down, she glanced around and suddenly realised where they were.

"When did we come here?" Sia asked, surprised, her hands covering her mouth in shock. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize I took your precious time away," she said with guilt.

Kai smiled gently. "It's alright, Sia," he said softly. "Have some food. You need to keep up your energy, or else how will you tell me the rest of the story?"

"You're right," she replied, taking a bite. "I just... needed to get it all out, you know?"

"I know Sia." Kai was glad to meet a genuine girl who would not hide anything.